The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The Research Analyst will be responsible for involvement in fiscal affairs on public finances research, policy analysis and statistical / data collection assignments related to the financing and financial management of National and county governments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out data analysis on assigned thematic areas relating to financial management of counties and national governments;
- Carry out data collection and collation and analysis on fiscal devolution to inform decision making;
- Monitor and report on contemporary issues on development in county and national government resources and revenue generation;
- Monitor and report on the operations of the core functions of the Commission;
- Undertakes research on fiscal development strategies within the developing and developed economies;
- Analyse County budgets, county fiscal strategy papers , county budget, county finance bills and National Treasury budget policy statement and report on the same;
- Provide technical assistance to Commissioners, Directors and Managers along adopted CRA thematic areas;
- Provide technical assistance to County governments on Public finance matters, revenue enhancement and capacity building on County revenue laws policies, and fiscal decentralization;
- A Bachelor’s degree in either Economics, Finance, Statistics from a recognized University/ Institution.
- CPA, ACCA, CISA qualifications.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a busy organization, preferably within the public service;
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- A high level of attention to detail;
- Demonstrable ability to be part of the cohesive Team and to achieve goals through teamwork;
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Result oriented and ability to work under pressure;
- Be a person of integrity and effective interpersonal skills;
The applicants to the above positions should possess the following general competencies:
- He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a team player.
- Ability to collaborate with people and organizations of diverse backgrounds.
- Be computer literate specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in a team-modulated and collaborative environment.
Terms and Conditions of Service: The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package and will be appointed on permanent and pensionable basis.
If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please visithttp://careers.crakenya.org register and apply 30th June 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant