Job Vacancy: Computer Instructor and Administrator
Contract Period: 1 Year
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job Purpose: To provide high quality, relevant learning opportunities which enable students be competitive and marketable in their relevant industry and also manage administration duties at the institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide quality efficient teaching in various subject areas with available resources.
· Develop necessary content for teaching based on required syllabus and course specification. Content need to be developed in a timely fashion and includes, but not limited to teaching notes, handouts, visual aids etc.
· Ensure that all marking, assessments and moderations are complete.
· Liaise with other staff as appropriate to ensure that work is fully and effectively covered.
· Encourage and promote the process of student learning.
· Receiving parents, visitors and answering their queries about the institution.
· Collecting fees deposit slips and issuing receipts and also ensure all fees is collected by payment deadline.
· Admitting and orienting new students.
· Ensure records of student achievements are maintained as required by the sector and relevant external bodies.
· Keep accurate up to date registers of classes taught of learner attendances and exam scores.
· Advise the Managing Director on material and equipment needs, for existing and proposed courses and produce requisitions as required.
· Work within the team to market the College.
· Maintain a knowledge of new developments in the curriculum, courses and teaching practices and keep course material.
· Undertake such training as may be required and requested for such development.
· Develop short courses in own specialist area as appropriate.
· Provide active support to individual students.
· Encourage students to take an active part in the corporate life of the College.
· Help to ensure that College regulations and policies are upheld.
· Initiate action if misdemeanors or infringements of College policy occur.
· Attend staff meetings when reasonable requested.
· Actively promote and market the College and present a positive image of the College and its activities both within and outside the College environment.
· Ensure the quality standards and performance measures applying to the work of the section are met and facilitate continuous improvements in all aspects of the post.
· Be aware of and maintain the College the College’s approach to security and discipline.
· Undertake any other responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the post, which the Managing director management representative may from time to time require.
· An Information technology related diploma or equivalent.
· Significant experience in instructing IT classes for at least 1 year.
· Able to demonstrate that they can satisfactorily perform the duties by reference to their previous work experience.
· Good communications skills including fluency in spoken and written English.
· Able to manage a busy workload and consistently meet deadlines
· Able to work as a key member of a small team and to take the lead in advising the Managing Director.
· Committed to the vision and mission of Frontlearn Institute of Technology.
How to Apply
Those interested in this challenging position should submit their applications, testimonials and detailed CV with names and contacts of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB May 24th 2017.Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.