The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities.
Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond.
The Institute hereby seeks to recruit results-oriented and self-driven experienced professionals to join our team as:
Library Assistant – Utawala & Nanyuki
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Branch Officer, the successful candidate will assist users at the branch library to access, retrieve and use information resources that meet their needs.
The successful candidate will also perform technical services which involve processing of information materials and organizing them in a systematic manner for ease of retrieval.
S/he will also be responsible for security of all library information and materials at all times.
The successful candidates will be required to: –
1. Provide reference and circulation services for both print and e-resource library materials.
2. Classify and catalogue newly acquired information materials and organize library materials for ease of access.
3. Regularly update library holding database.
4. Conduct orientation and user education services to new users and literature studies for all users.
5. Carry out stock taking exercise quarterly and impromptu checks to always maintain accurate inventory and statistics of all library items.
6. Implement security policy on all information materials.
7. Lend and collect books, periodicals and other materials at circulation desks.
8. Inspect all returned books for condition and due-date status and compute any applicable fines.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
· A Diploma in Library and Information studies; a Degree will be an added advantage
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a busy library
· Proficient in ICT use
· Good customer care skills and pleasant personality.
· Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
· Ability to meet set deadlines.
· Attention to detail.
· Maintain high standards of professionalism.
CLICK HERE to apply online for the Library Assistant by 6th February 2017