Job Title: Audit Manager
Job Code: AM/HAL/170105
Number of Positions Open: 1
Reports To: Principal Financial Advisor
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until FilledSummary: Our Client is a well-established and highly respected local Financial Advisory Firm that deals in mergers & acquisitions and corporate finance.
Job Summary The client is looking for an individual who has gained experience in external audit operations. This individual should also possess an audit and accounting background.
- Provide guidance and expertise to professional staff and participate in the conduct of a wide range of assurance services, with a particular focus on complex and specialized issues, including audits, controls reviews, remediation projects, and assistance with regulatory compliance
- Develop team members by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback / training.
- Understand the clients industry, key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments.
- Plan engagement objectives to ensure compliance with professional standards and appropriately address risk. Prepare and review management communications, proposals budgets, and negotiate fees and overruns
- Review and approve for signing all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients.
- Maintain relationships with other engagement teams and monitor team progress against plan and drive performance as required.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop long term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Provide management over a portfolio of clients and deliver high quality audit and assurance service, including preparing and reviewing audit plans and work.
- Achieve team and individual budgets and business plan / performance objectives.
- Manages project financials, including budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition.
- Maintain the highest technical and professional standard.
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks.
- Addresses situation before they come crises and develops solutions to avoid recurrence,
- Providing additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy basis.
- Participants in the development of ways to meet client needs, contributes to proposal delivery.
- Identifying ways to maximize the relationship with clients and deliver added value.
- Monitor and control auditing staff.
- Coach, train and develop auditing staff to upgrade their knowledge.
- Be seen as a role model for auditing professionals.
- Carry out practice management activities e.g. resourcing client billing etc.
- Planning and performing operational and financial audits
- Identifying business process risks
- Developing testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Documenting the results of the evaluations
- Developing recommendations and reports based on audits and presenting these ideas to senior management
- Formulating professional development and educational plans for junior staff members
- Planning and allocating resources and individuals in accordance with skills and schedules
- Undertake wider office activities, as required.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a business related field, Masters degree preferred
- Professional accounting qualifications (CPA (K) / ACCA)
- 7 years continuous external audit experience in a wide range of sectors
- Good understanding and working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing
- Experience using audit software like CaseWare, CCH, etc will be an added advantage
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills including leading teams of at least 10 team members.
- Ability to work under high pressure to meet deadlines
How to Apply:Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: Audit Manager
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.