Twaweza, a dynamic East Africa wide organization, is looking for a competent, effective and energetic Assistant Programme Officer for Communications
Job Title: Assistant Programme Officer - Communications
Unit: Uwezo Tanzania
Cluster: Data and Voice
Salary Grade: 4
Reports to: Manager, Uwezo Tanzania
Supervises: Usually none, except as assigned by the Supervisor
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Responsibility: You will be responsible for effective community level communication with partners in Tanzania, in accordance with Twaweza communication standards.
You will support the Manager in designing, production and distribution of communication materials to district partners.
You will ensure that effective communication flows to and with the different partners throughout the year.
You will assist in the development of the annual communication plans and calendar for Uwezo; and assist in internal monitoring of Uwezo communication.
You will adhere to and uphold Twaweza communication standards and brand guidelines.
1. Assist Manager to ensure effective communications across different media and formats in adherence to the Uwezo Communication strategy consistent with Twaweza Communication Standards.
2. Assist Manager in annual planning, development of detailed planners and calendars and internal monitoring of Uwezo communication, including drafting of Ideas and Decision Memos on the Communication budget lines.
3. Assist to collect information from partners and generating good contents for social media and the website.
4. Assist Manager in the internal monitoring of communications in accordance with LME Standards. Analyze emerging trends to learn, inform planning.
5. Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with the Uwezo partners, face-to-face, through email and telephone; conferences where appropriate, and other forms.
6. Assist to managing the communication of the Country office; ensure that set targets are met as per the approved plans and budgets.
7. Conduct writing assignments on Uwezo in diverse ways supportive to program goals, including internal learning, policy debates and opinion articles.
8. Participate in the Uwezo processes (training, assessment).
1. Successfully implement above responsibilities and assigned activities in work plans and budgets, consistent with Twaweza Policies.
2. Contribute effectively to planning, monitoring, reporting and information dissemination of Uwezo’s/Twaweza’s work.
3. Collaborate with Twaweza staff across units and countries in a spirit of mutual respect and cooperation to get things done.
4. Communicate your work through active use of internal platform (SalesForce), electronic calendar (Gcal) and being accessible on electronic chat (Skype) as per Twaweza requirements.
5. Participate actively in organization-wide learning and other joint activities.
6. Comply with and foster adherence to the established Twaweza values, policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
7. Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by your Supervisor, respective Director and/or Executive Director.
1. Experience in development and/or communications work.
2. A university degree in a relevant field.
3. Good understanding of educational trends in your country.
4. At least three years relevant working experience, specifically in learning/communications.
5. Excellent writing and communication skills in both English and Kiswahili; an eye for detail.
6. Keen understanding of traditional media, social media and uses of new technologies for communication in East African context.
7. Ability to be on top of issues and deliver quality on time.
Changes and Amendments: This job description may be amended by Twaweza after consultation with the employee and the supervisor.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (max 4 pages) firstname.lastname@example.org, including a cover letter explaining your interests/motivations to work for Twaweza, and 2 samples of your written work and names of 3 referees, in MS Word or PDF file.
In the subject of your email write your name, position you are applying for and country.
Deadline for the submission is 15th January 2017.