Industry: Logistics – Clearing & Forwarding / Freight
Our Client is a Logistics company offering a wide range of Freight Logistical Solutions to companies with interests in the East Africa region.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Plan, prioritize, direct, communicate and delegate work tasks to ensure proper functioning of the department.
· Ensure compliance with general accounting standards, procedures and company financial regulations.
· Organize and advise on outstanding audit reports.
· Timely and accurate preparation of consolidated monthly and annual financial statements and reports in accordance with accounting principles
· Advise on debtor’s management
· Make budgets, annual, monthly and weekly
· Manage MD account and authorize operating expenses, all payments and bills.
· Review and develop effective and robust financial policies and control procedures, develop risk management strategies and processes and ensure internal controls and systems are effective and efficient
· Develop and implement an integrated system that shall be used in the organization
· Provide timely and robust financial analysis to support business decision-making and assist in developing strategies to maximize return on investment options and assist in pricing strategy and service costing framework.
· Analyze financial results, including corrective actions to address adverse performance.
· Counter check petty cash and authorized reimbursements.
· Learn and adopt best practices to improve performance daily; (Constant Incremental Improvement Ref: Kaizen).
Qualifications and Experience
· Must have a minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role in the freight, clearing and forwarding industry- or related trade.
· Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
· Evidence on the application of Kaizen.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before 3rd January, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected remuneration, on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement