Our client is a provider of superior services in the cleaning, gardening and related services in the cleaning industry in the country.
Since their inception, they have managed to establish a foot print in the market and consequently boast of a fairly varied client base.
They are currently operating from Nairobi but plans are at advanced stage to expand their services beyond Nairobi.
Job Purpose / Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties to the agreed standards and work schedules and maintaining a flexible, quality service to the standards and frequency within the cleaning specification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the office.
- To vacuum, dust, polish furniture, fixtures and fittings (this may include light fittings, blinds etc.)
- Develop routines to ensure that the assigned areas maintained to high standards of cleanliness.
- Clean windows and walls as required
- Wash dishes in the kitchen
- Empty and wash out bins in designated areas.
- Tidy, dust and wash the office and storage areas.
- Vacuum the carpets.
- Prepare tea/coffee for the office staff
- To sweep, mop and floor polish designated areas
- Clean the staff toilets and washroom basins.
- Maintain and sweep the company compound
- To replenish towels, soap and toilet rolls as and when required
- Keep a check on the cleaning material and re-order via the supervisor.
- Track the office cleaning supplies
- Maintain stock of kitchen items and consumables
- To daily clean all sanitary appliances, fittings and areas
- To ensure the safe use of all equipment and safety precaution times at all times
- Dusting and cleaning office desks and furniture that are not cluttered
- Deliver documents among departments on request
- To report all faults to the supervisor
- To provide cover for colleagues as may be occasionally required
- To promote and comply with company policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others
- Undertake any other duties assigned from time to time by the Managing Director
- At least a form 4 KCSE Certificate.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in general office assistance
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to contribute to the team’s success through a positive attitude to work.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Quick in execution of tasks.
- Fluency in English and Swahili languages (both written and spoken).
- People living in Thika and its environs are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Salary Budget: Kshs. 11,000 Gross
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 19th December 2016.