Our client a International Education Company which to be the world’s leading provider of quality education, enriching the lives of millions of children and the communities in which they live is looking for a Manager School Operations at their Nairobi Office.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Position to be based in Kampala, Uganda
1. Responsible for overall financial management of the company in line with business growth plans.
2. To provide monthly financial and management reporting for the company as per OUR CLIENT’s corporate office reporting requirements.
3. To lead in management of finance operations of the company including legal and tax compliance matters.
4. Budgeting, forecasting planning process owner for all GLCS business units.
5. Implement key finance systems, processes and procedures in-line with OUR CLIENT’s Corporate policies.
6. Lead the GLCS finance team to achieve key finance deliverables.
7. Provide adhoc analysis to support key management decisions.
Main Responsibilities of the Job
- Implementation of finance & accounting policies and procedures in compliance with OUR CLIENT’s corporate policies and IFRS requirements.
- Manage the month end timetable and work collaboratively with School Account Managers during month end ensure timely closure and reporting as per closure check list.
- Lead in streamlining and automation of key finance processes and procedures to achieve desired objectives and by formulating an effective system of internal controls that safe guards and ensures optimal utilization of assets and resources to prevent any potential risks.
- Ensure accurate, complete and timely completion of monthly MIS packs as per group reporting timelines.
- Lead annual budgeting and forecasting processes by coordinating inputs from across organization providing robust challenge and design user friendly reports for collecting data.
- Manage both external and internal audits and ensure implementation of all audit recommendations. Manage all tax and statutory compliance matters.
- Monitoring and reporting on capital expenditure against budgets.
- Monitoring cash balances and cash flow forecasting for the company as per reporting cycles and arrange for funding as per company commitments to support business initiatives.
- Manage key internal and external relationships for key stakeholders like bankers, lawyers, tax authorities, suppliers etc.
- Supporting the Regional Finance Head in identifying opportunities and driving key finance initiatives and projects.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of finance department staff, training, mentoring and coaching to enhance performance in line with staff performance objectives.
Scope & Financials
Scope: All Low Cost Schools and Corporate Office in Uganda.
Working Environment, Interfaces and Decision Making
Working Environment: The job holder plays a key role in providing business support services, financial reporting , internal control enviroment, finance department set up and formulation of key systems and processes.
- Internal: Our Client’s Global Head of Low Cost Schools, Project Manager, Regional Finance Head, CEPs, all heads of departments. Corporate IT Support, MIS Accounting Manager, Accounts Managers, school accountants, school administration officers, Unit heads and Heads of schools.
- External: Lawyers, Bankers and lending institutions of the Group.Internal Auditors, External auditors, Suppliers for payments.
Decision Making: Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all Financial statements. Provides sound analyses and MIS reports on all Finance and Accounting matters Provides sound and reliable Financial advice, guidance and opinion on all financial accounting matters relating to the business of OUR CLIENT Low Cost Schools Uganda.
Job / Person Specifications
Qualifications / Knowledge: A professionally qualified Accountant e.g. ACA, CPA, or ACCA, with minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience, Business degree and a sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
Skills: Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills. Team player. Strong communication skills both verbal and written, result oriented. Good planning and organising skills. Good interpersonal and people management skills, strong sense of urgency and proactiveness. Strong MS Office skills and willingness to take ownership of complex.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction on all Finance operations, and management reporting matters and internal control matters within the schools and corporate level in the assigned territories; ability to effectively advise department heads budgeted and non-budgeted costs.
- Ability to provide decision making support on complex financial matters under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and provide technical opinions on all financial matters.
- A proactive manager and action oriented.
- A service industry experience with at least 5 years of experience of in a busy corporate finance function, experience a start-up environment would be a plus, Management Accounting, budgetary controls and treasury management of which at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Experience of working with diverse nationalities.
- Should have worked in a computerised accounting environment and excellent Microsoft office skills, preferably advanced user.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve fee collection targets.
- Timely implementation of audit recommendations
- Strong internal control environment
- Excellent service to support other business functions.
- Timely production of financial & management reports and respect for corporate deadlines.
- Good staff morale to optimize productivity
- Quantified commentary on key variances.
- Audit reports with minimal issues.
- Ensuring compliance to school, corporate budgets & tax requirements.
How to Apply
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration email@example.com.
In order to be considered, please submit your CV before closing date of December 31, 2016 at 12 noon.