In July 2016, ACWICT was announced as a winner of the DREAMS Innovation Challenge, which is funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR); Janssen Pharmaceutical NV (Janssen), one of the Janssen pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson; and ViiV Healthcare. The award is managed by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
The innovation ‘Vusha Girls Employability Program’ will be implemented in Kisumu and Nairobi counties to reduce young women’s risks for transactional sex and HIV infections.
2 Positions – Nairobi and Kisumu Counties
Reporting to the Program Manager, the County Project Officer will manage the day to day project implementation activities in their respective counties including:
· Developing project implementation plans and ensuring efficiency in recruitment, training and placement of young people.
· Oversee the training activities across the county.
· Participate in securing job and internship opportunities and job placement for the beneficiaries.
· Conduct recruitment, selection and placement of young people and identification of employers and enterprises for the beneficiaries.
· Provide training support to lead trainers and support the monitoring evaluation component of the project and visit interns in their workplace.
· Regular visits to evaluate project progress in each vocational training centre.
· Maintain regular communication with relevant team members and partners.
· Prepare weekly/monthly and quarterly project reports activities in their respective counties for review by the Program Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Degree in a relevant field
· Qualification in project management
· At least three years direct work experience in a similar capacity.
· Proven experience in people and change management skills.
· Proficiency in IT Skills.
How to Apply
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 5th December 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contactedACWICT is an equal opportunity employer