Career Opportunities at RVR
Rift Valley Railways (RVR) Ltd is in the middle of a Ksh. 25 Billion (USD.287M) turnaround process with major investments going towards expanding and modernizing the fleet, improving rail infrastructure, introducing high-end technology with a vision of becoming the premier rail and logistics provider.
Purpose: We require an all-round OCC desk Controller.
Main Purpose of the Job: Based in Nairobi the individual will work from a control center using computerized network control systems to coordinate trains, ensuring they are on the correct path and running on time.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
· Ensure compliance with all railroad rules, procedures, and regulations for safety and operations
· Direct and coordinate railroad traffic, issue permits and authorities, monitor all rail movements and maintain computerized records of all activities
· Know assigned territory and keep informed of changes in the physical characteristics
· Maintain familiarity with scheduled trains, destinations, times of arrivals and departures
· Communicate with personnel on weather or any environmental conditions affecting train movement
· Coordinate movement of trains according to operating plan and customer needs
· Monitor train movements
· Report alleged violations of operating rules and any irregularity relating to the movement of trains.
· Plan in advance for smooth and effective movement of priority trains, trains containing hazardous material or restricted shipments, and crossings to avoid unnecessary delays.
· Coordinate track usage with Engineering Department personnel.
· high-level communication skills,
· critical thinking,
· strong problem-solving skills
· The ability to work under extreme pressure and in emergency situations.
Competencies / Behaviors
· Must have a good memory for learning safety procedures and regulations and be able to concentrate for long periods on detailed information.
· They should have a high degree of personal and decision-making autonomy.
· At least a degree Business administration
· Diploma in I.T will be added advantage
· Intermediate level of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills
· Good command of written and spoken English and Kiswahili (Minimum B Minus at secondary school level) preferred that the applicants/entrants be between the age of 24 and 35
How to Apply:
Suitably qualified applicants should submit their application letters, with detailed CVs including a day time contact phone number and email addresses citing the relevant job title on the subject line to:- email@example.com
Note: The deadline for submitting application is before by close of business on 17th November, 2016
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6 months old.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted