To support the development of Tdh Child Protection programme in Garissa County, Tdh is encouraging applications from qualified kenyan nationals for the role of:
Child Protection Senior Officer
Reporting to: Child Protection Project Manager
Contract duration: 3 months
- Daily coordination of case management activities in Kambioos Refugee Camp
- Management of the referral pathway ensuring coordination with partners on referrals
- Supervision of child protection team leaders and the database officers
- Organize and facilitate periodic planning and program reviews meetings
- Participate in management of complex or high risk child protection cases including managing a limited number of cases requiring specialized interventions
- Participate in the family level interventions with social workers and team leaders to more effectively manage outcomes or interventions; including participation in selected follow ups
- Review triages and guiding social workers in determining the best course of action in case management
- Support in the conduction of community mobilization for child protection including work with child protection committees
- Work closely with child protection psychosocial counselor to identify high risk cases / children in distress for psychosocial and mental health support
- Participate in need assessments and project evaluations aiming at contributing to the development of the child protection program strategy for the refugee community in Dadaab refugee complex
- Organizing and conducting training for partners
- Organize and facilitate weekly internal case conference meetings
- Represent Tdh at camp level case management and coordination meetings
- Develop field reports on a periodic basis
- Support documentation activities in the project by development of case studies and best practices from the field
- Graduate degree in social work / social sciences
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in case management
- Experience in the case management process and knowledge of BIA/BID
- Experience in mental health and psychosocial support programming
- Team management experience
- Project reporting and evaluation experience
- Strong training experience required
- Good computer skills:Ms Word and Excel
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications should be addressed to the Child Protection Program Manager and emailed to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.