Our client a large manufacturing company in Nairobi wishes to till the Position of
Marketing Manager (FMCG)
- Responsible for the performance and growth of the brands including; volume & revenue targets achievement, Profit & Loss, brand positioning, pricing strategy and product lifecycle.
- Implement short and medium -term marketing plans & initiatives that are aligned to overall brand and business growth objectives.
- Tracking and interpreting sales performance arid competitor activities and recommending short & medium term brand plans for growth to senior management.
- Lead trade and consumer research (usage & attitude) efforts to understand customers and consumers’ perceptions and behaviour and formulate effective marketing plans to ensure the brands receive maximum visibility, meet customers’ current and future needs and gain and retain market share.
- Develop & manage the marketing budget to secure maximum value /return.
- Drive and motivate a cross functional team in the timely commercialization of new products through execution of set guidelines for product proposition (product, packaging, pricing); Brand communication arid activation; Customer and consumer engagement (experiential & sampling).
- Responsible for the maximisation of existing brand / product potential including; renovation, relaunch, intellectual property protection.
- Ensure company improvement systems designated initiatives are implemented leading to continual improvement.
- University degree in Marketing or any other business related field.
- Those with professional qualifications in Marketing will be given priority.
- An MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum five (5) years’ progressive relevant experience in Brand Marketing in FMCG Environment, some of which could have been in a World Class communication agency demonstrating a thorough understanding and knowledge of Consumer and Trade Marketing, Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent foresight, analytical, planning, problem-solving and meticulous organizational skills
- Be highly proactive, sell-motivated and have the ability to multitask.
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional project teams effectively.
- Proven ability to work with and manage marketing agencies (PR, Communication, Advertising, and Research).
Very attractive salary plus benefits will be offered.
Applications indicating current / previous salary can be e-mailed to:
or post to the
Skills Geographic (K) Ltd.
P.O Box 20407-00100 Nairobi Kenya
or Hand delivered to our office at Vision Plaza 1st Floor Suite 37, Mombasa Road, Nairobi.
Tel: 020- 2385928.
So as to reach not later than 14th September 2016.