Natogo Self Help Group
Lodwar, Turkana County, Kenya
Vacancy Announcement: Enterprise Manager
Natogo Self Help Group is based in Lodwar, Turkana County. It is registered under the Government of Kenya (GOK).
It is owned by members who are involved in fish value addition. Natogo Self Help Group has recently received an Organizational Assistance Grant (OAG) from the United States Africa Development Foundation (USADF).
The Manager will be required to spend at least 80% of their work time within Lodwar.
Position: Enterprise Manager
Location: Lodwar Town, Just before the bridge from Lodwar town and adjacent to DLMC along Lodwar Kitale Road.
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds
Report to: Natogo Self Help Group Board
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The Enterprise Manager will:
Overseeing Natogo Operations
- Oversee all Natogo activities, delegate as needed, and follow up to ensure activities are completed;
- Lead and motivate the project team;
- Designing project sustainability proposals for discussion with Natogo Self Help Group board, and thereafter sharing with other potential funding hence spearheading the pursuit of requisite resources.
- Play the role of contact person for the donor, partner, all staff, stakeholders and the beneficiary community ensuring timely dissemination of necessary information from the donor and partner to the board and members;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners for smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in the grant agreement;
- Continually read to understand the Natogo Self Help Group /USADF Project grant agreement and ensure that Natogo activities, procedures and conduct are in line with the terms and conditions of the grant;
- Continually liaise with the USADF partner on necessary adjustments or changes Natogo Self Help Group might seek to introduce during the grant implementation period that were not mentioned in the original grant paperwork, and, letting USADF know ahead of changing including but not limited to budget shifts;
Required Project Activities
- Ensure implementation and achievement of at the minimum 95% projections Appendix A Indicator Projections for Natogo Self Help Group by the 15th month of employment. This should be tracked on a pro-rata basis through the months;
- Responsible for Disbursement Requests and Quarterly Reports on regular basis to the donor and any other report that may be requested based on need;
- Ensure that project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the Natogo Self Help Group and USADF;
- Oversee the development and execution of project deliverables and action points, planning, budgeting and monitoring processes;
- Coordinate work with Apprentices, Consultants and organize Committees and Board meetings as applies;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination and cooperation with the USADF partner for smooth implementation of activities and achievement of result as specified in the grant agreement;
Facilitate operations on a day to day basis;
- Ensure timely deduction and remittance of Statutory deductions that include National Social Security Fund-NSSF, National Hospital Insurance Fund-NHIF, Pay As You Earn-PAYE, Applicable Higher Education Loans Board-HELB, Withholding Taxes-WHT;
- Working with the Procurement Committee, Apprentices, USADF Lodwar Office and CEZAM (USADF Partner) and Applicable Suppliers, process Value Added Tax (VAT) exemption for goods to be procured under the USADF grant;
- Working with Apprentices, ensure to address any unmentioned accounting duties for the Natogo Self Help Group
- Working with the board, ensure proper management of project and other Self Help Group assets
Hire and Train Apprentices
- Prepare and implement a training curriculum and schedule for 2 or more Natogo Self Help Group Job trainees (Apprentices) in areas of financial recording and organizational operations;
- Prepare and carry out Natogo Job trainees’ interviews to determine the trainees’ suitability for Natogo Self Help Group work;
- Continually monitor the progress, interests, and the performance of the Natogo Job trainees (Apprentices) and make timely recommendations for new skills’ training or replacement;
- Train apprentices to record direct and indirect expenses of the Natogo, and oversee this work.
- In collaboration with Apprentices, prepare monthly profit/loss statements (simplified income statement) to present to the Board. The Manager shall have trained the apprentices, by the end of their apprenticeship, to complete the profit/loss statements on their own
- Train and oversee apprentices to record fish sales, home consumption, estimates of lost produce;
- Train and oversee apprentices activities in creating active market linkages for Natogo fish
Monitoring and Data Management
- Monitor project activities and track fish sold, losses, home consumption and sales, ensuring accurate documentation in numbers and Kenya Shillings, related direct and indirect expenses and share progress with stakeholders;
- Track and ensure accurate documentation of fish sold and revenues and discuss observations with the board and stakeholders for timely decisions;
- Ensure that the revenues collected and the number of kilograms sold are accurately recorded in the Natogo records, and accurately reflected in the already existing performance indicators template as quarterly totals;
- Ensure that fish revenues and membership fees and related expenditures are accurately recorded in the monthly and quarterly Simplified Financial Statement on the provided template;
- Conducting any other business as may be in the interests of Natogo Self Help Group and USADF
Developing the Credit Facility:
- Work with the existing merry go round groups of the Self Help Group to guide and facilitate development of the Credit facility belonging to Natogo Self Help Group.
Qualifications for the Natogo Enterprise Manager
- Diploma in Business Management and Administration or Community Development or its equivalent from a recognized institution with 3 years of Job related experience or;
- Degree in Business Administration and Management, Community Development or their equivalent from a recognized institution with 1 year of Job related experience;
- Must be computer literate;
- Must have strong and verifiable accounting skills;
- Must have conducted trainings or mentored low capacity/grassroots groups successfully;
- Be proactive and able to work with less or no supervision and be able to meet the stipulated deadlines;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English/Kiswahili;
How to Apply
All applications should be emailed to Natogo Self Help Group Chairperson by September 30, 2016 at 5:00pm. Review of applications will be continuous.
Emailed applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com