Partners In Health Research and Development (PHRD) is a research based organization established in 2006 as Partners Study Clinic and is involved in clinical research with a bias towards infectious diseases.
PHRD is located in Thika, a town with several industries and firms that provide a stable population for the purpose of recruiting participants for the clinical trials. PHRD has an office and laboratory in Nairobi.
PHRD has established networks with the Ministry of Health and other local organizations such as the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH), the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) and the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT).
It conducts clinical trials under the oversight of Kenyatta National Hospital Ethics Review Committee and the University of Washington Institutional Review Board.
Partners In Health Research and Development (PHRD) PHRD is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following vacant positions
Position: Site Driver
Job Category: Transport & Logistics
Qualification Level: Diploma
Years of Work Experience: 2 year
Description: Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of driving and vehicles maintenance of Partners In Health Research and Development (PHRD) site.
This covers office movements, safe transportation of PHRD staff, study participants and samples, and care and maintenance of PHRD vehicles and their accessories.
- Safe transportation of PHRD staff, study participants and materials.
- Pick and delivery of medical samples, study materials and parcels from Thika site and deliver them to Nairobi lab as necessary.
- Liaise with the administration office to provide support with dispatch or collection of letters, parcels and any other materials to facilitate the work at the site.
- Carry out routine checks and preventative maintenance per the PHRD’s policies or the manufacturer’s manual.
- Diagnose all vehicle and equipment defects and report to the supervisor for prompt corrective action.
- Carry out small/minor repairs as necessary.
- Ensure the security of all equipment, parts and tools used in the course of the job.
- Accurately record all work done and parts used in for repair/maintenance of vehicles in the format provided by the organization.
- Deliver and pick up vehicles to/from repair workshops and garages
- Raise vehicle fuel vouchers and secure approved signatures for refueling.
- Maintain accurate records and a monitoring system on fuel consumption
- Ensure the vehicle is cleaned on a daily basis.
- Maintain check lists and ensure that vehicle log books are accurately filled by the drivers.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas: Provision of effective efficient transport services Implementation/enforcement of PHRD vehicle policies and supports the achievement of efficient operations at Thika site.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Valid driving license- Class BCEA
- At least 2 years’ of driving experience; NGO experience advantageous.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Kenya CID department
- Knowledge of generic transport procedures and practices
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Mechanical background will be a distinct advantage.
- Familiar with urban and rural routes in Thika and Nairobi
- Successful candidate will undergo PHRD internal driving test.
- Flexibility and willingness to work long hours if necessary
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
PHRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Disclaimer: Please take note that Partners In Health Research and Development (PHRD) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.
Applicants can email their application together with their certificates, testimonial and reference letter to PHRDrecruit@pips.org by Friday 5pm August 12, 2016.