Nova Academies is a pan-African school network that prepares the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills.
We look for passionate and creative individuals who are eager to bring in their diverse perspectives and experiences to develop innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Position: Human Resource, Senior Manager
You will be the Director’s strategic partner in recruitment of senior roles, creating and implementing best in class recruitment, retention, professional development and employee engagement /culture building strategies that will enable Nova to meet and exceed our ambitious growth plans.
Policies and systems will be integral for scale, which is an important aspect of this role
Function: Network Office
Your role will be based at our Nova Network Office
Reports To: Director of Human Resources/Partnerships
Our team culture is designed to reinforce our vision:
- We model the growth mindset we want our students to embody; you are challenged every day and, as a result, you grow more than at any other point in your life.
- We pursue excellence in every detail and do whatever it takes to produce great work quickly.
- We are radically open: we share tough messages and our own vulnerabilities to help us grow.
- We bring infectious energy, enthusiasm and fun to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning.
How will it typically look like for you?
- Lead a best in class recruiting operation to build a team of top senior talent
- Support strategic planning for the people side of Nova’s expansion that includes succession planning and organizational design
- Keep Nova’s culture strong and our team engaged as we grow
- Ensure that Nova’s mission, values, culture, success, and growth potential are broadly communicated and internalized across the organization
- Build onboarding and acculturation process globally to ensure new hire success
- Develop programs and metrics to drive and track employee engagement
- Build our capacity to manage performance and develop talent across the organization:
- Build upon and manage organization-wide performance metrics and performance review processes, and lead review process for the Management team
- Lead organization-wide talent reviews and succession planning
- Manage organization-wide identification of professional development needs and ensure that those needs are met
- Develop career pathway process
- Support compensation strategy
- Support contract negotiation and renewal processes across the organization
- Plan for, benchmark, and communicate compensation and benefits
- Work with a team of associates to maintain and update filing of statutory and voluntary deductions from the payroll.
Who you are?
- 7+ years’ experience in a busy organization setting. School experience would be a plus
- Conversant with HR practices and policies.
- Creative but with extensive knowledge in change, performance and reward management.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, presentation and problem-solving skills
- A Bachelors Degree in a relevant field from a recognized university with a post graduate training in HRM or consistent, demonstrated experience in HR
- A registered member with IHRM or other professional associations.
Does working at Nova Academies excite you?
If you’re a great fit, apply today and we will drop everything to call you
Go to https://novaacademies.com Careers Page to find and apply for this role
Qualified applicants will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.