The Kenya Girl Guides Association (KGGA) is a member organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS).
KGGA is one of the largest youth Associations in Kenya.
KGGA operates through a value based program and has a national membership of girls and young women representing every race, ethnicity, culture, class and religion in Kenya.
We are looking to fill the position of Project Coordinator who will be reporting to the Program Manager
- Coordinate all the activities and implementation of the Alcohol prevention project and exchange programme.and adhere to targets and deadlines.
- Plan and implement all trainings /meetings within the project
- Ensure proper and quality data collection and maintain the filling system.
- Prepare and maintain M&E system of the project
- Provide technical support to Guide Leaders and Peer Educators to ensure efficacy of the project within the counties
- Monitor financial performance of the budget and liaise with the finance department for preparation of the budget and requisitions
- Prepare financial reports with collaboration with the finance department
- Document Success stories and most significant change stories in the project
- Coordinate the necessary preparation for the essay /art Competitions/rally/Fun days in liaison with the stakeholders.
- Participate in the Kenya National Alcohol network Alliance (KAPA) and undertake research where necessary.
- Prepare quality reports for the project
- Document best practices and lessons learnt.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope of work.
Performance Indicators: To be agreed with Line Manager
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science required or equivalent experience in public administration, international relations, economics or a related field preferred.
- Experience in implementing HIV/AIDS and GBV prevention program among young people
- At least two years project coordination experience
- Strong knowledge in monitoring & evaluation tools and systems.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, including presentation skills and the
- production of communications material;
- Ability and willingness to travel
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st September 2016.
Indicate Project Coordinator in the Subject Line.
Late applications or hard copies will not be considered.
Please note: At no point in the entire recruitment process shall the candidate have to pay any money as a condition of engagement.
Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.
KGGA is an “equal opportunity organization” that is committed to hiring highly qualified individuals regardless of gender, religion, race, creed or marital status.