Sasa Africa Is Hiring
Role: Finance and Administration Manager
Reports to: CEO, Finance Director and Managing Director
Contract Level:Standard, Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Soko is a catalyst for Global Supply Chain innovation, leveraging our proprietary ERP and mobile enterprise solutions in a distributed network of SME producers for a more ethical and agile production model.
We employ over 1200 artisans around Nairobi in a ‘Virtual Factory’ model that utilizes technology to enhance human productivity for greater reward.
Our commitment to ethical production has led to growing demand for our products from companies such as Nordstrom and Anthropologie, hundreds of boutiques, and thousands of online consumers.
More information about Soko can be found on our website www.shopsoko.com.
Role: Sasa Africa is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager that will analyze every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
They will also be responsible for the efficient running of Sasa Africa offices providing administrative support to
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Accountancy and Financial Management
- Process Accounts payable, prepare payment vouchers, process online payments and record payments.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditure.
- Provide regular creditor reports
- Liaise with Accounts receivable manager to ensure all debtor invoices are sent out in a timely manner and follow up on and maintain expected payment dates.
- Manage bank and cash reconciliations.
- Prepare Accruals as required.
- Maintain asset register and depreciation schedule.
- Support preparation of financial reports, annual audits and tax audits
- Review financial statements with management personnel
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
Budget and Management Reporting
- Assist in preparation of management reports and actual against business plan and budget as required.
- Provide management reporting to Finance Director
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts and assist in cash flow management process.
Grants Management and Compliance
- Preparation of financial reports to management and partners in a timely manner
- Involvement in budget proposal development
- Participation in grants opening/ closure meetings
- Inform the Directors of any information/activity that impacts the grant financial status
Internal Audit function
- Manage the internal audit function within the organization
- Ensure that all controls in place are being adhered to.
- Act as a focal point for external audit engagement.
- Preparation and review of monthly payroll for correctness and completeness.
- Produce and Issue pay slips.
- Maintain all payroll records.
- Process and Maintain all leave records and accruals.
- Prepare and process all statutory deductions in a timely manner
- Prepare yearly payroll summaries and reconcile with statutory tax deductions (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF)
- Support all other employer payroll related activities.
Office and Administration Management
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations.
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- To ensure the overall smooth running of the Company’s internal administration and its cost-effectiveness.
- Track and monitor resource needs and other material needs for carrying out administration tasks in the organization.
- Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupational health and safety, human rights, etc.) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or economics.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA/CFA/ACCA or similar will be an added advantage
- Successful track record of managing operations and financial and management accounting.
- Experience of managing staff and associated employment issues
- Previous experience in the financial and administrative operations [desirable, not essential]
Knowledge, Skills and Competences
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent planner and strategic thinker.
- Excellent risk management and cost control skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for decisions made and to learn from the outturn
- Ability to deliver timely results despite obstacles and limited resources.
- A strong grasp of all relevant legislation and of how it applies to the role.
- Commercial acumen and ability to think creatively.
- Excellent advocacy, presentation and communication skills.
- Good understanding of relevant IT systems.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Personal Style and Behavior
- Self-motivation, a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for change.
- Understanding and interest in the arts and cultural sector.
- Committed to a positive approach to equality of opportunity and community engagement.
- A positive, communicative personality that engenders confidence in others.
- A keen interest in satisfying internal and external customers.
- A supportive and open line-manager and colleague.
If interested in this amazing opportunity, passionate to innovate and grow within emerging markets while having fun, send your CV to email@example.com, Kaye@shopsoko.com, with the subject title FINANCE MANAGER CV on or before 7th August 2016
*Soko is an equal opportunity, anti-corruption, and affirmative action employer.