Our client a well established funky restaurant located in Nairobi, that serves the most traditional of all Kenyan foods are looking for an Assistant Manager who is passionate about food and customer service.
- Effectively manage the restaurant in the absence of the Operations Manager
- Manage operations with passion, integrity, and knowledge while promoting the culture and values of the company
- Implement new company policies and procedures by developing plans and instructing staff
- Provide direction to shift leaders, and staff to achieve restaurant goals
- Consistently review operations and staff to identify any problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
- Provide coaching and feedback to managers and staff and assess performance on ongoing basis
- Create a positive guest experience by delivering a high level of service and ensuring all staff engage guests to understand their needs and exceed expectations
- Manage the restaurant to meet or exceed standards in food quality, safety, and cleanliness
- Consistently monitor product and labor costs to remain within goals
- Solicit guest feedback to understand the needs and wants of customers
- Train and coach staff on guest services principles and practices
- Monitor and maintain the Micros POS System
- Assist in new menu implementation
- Develop and implement creative solutions to areas of improvement
- Assist in any areas of the restaurant when staffing constraints require
- A business related degree from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Have knowledge of service and food, generally involving at least three years of Quick Service Restaurant or comparable business. Including at minimum of 1 year of management experience in that business
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Must have excellent customer service and employee relation skills.
- Must be detail oriented with the capability to oversee restaurant operations and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time
Please E Mail your CV and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating ‘Assistant Manager ‘on the subject line by 11th July, 2016.