Job Title: Chief Accountant
Report to: CEO
Salary: 200k and above based on experience
Virtual Recruitment Services is one of the leading Recruitment firms in Kenya .
Our client is the leading lottery and sports betting operator in African emerging markets, managing over 18 national divisions.
The company is globally recognized as a start-up specialist for gaming operations in emerging markets.
They are looking for a Chief Accountant to be located in Zimbabwe. He will set up and lead the finance team, as well as help with the top level data analysis.
- Ensuring timely completion of the annual statutory accounts for the company and , its branches
- Smooth running of the annual external audit process, ensuring minimal issues and disruptions
- Ensure timely filing of the accounts with all relevant authorities
- Ensuring timely completion of the annual Corporate Income Tax return and quarterly payments
- Manage monthly and annual processes for payroll taxes reporting/filings
- Ensure timely & accurate filing of VAT returns and resolution of VAT and duty queries
- Review of balance sheet accounts
- Review of Fixed Assets
- Review of Employee reimbursement processes
- Ensure that any changes in tax laws are reflected in the business processes where necessary
- Review of Monthly Cash flow forecasting and ensure optimum funds are available at all times
- Financial statements prepared and submitted with clean auditor’s opinion
- Balance sheet kept fully reconciled and any old items cleared on regular basis
- Manage the team of accounting and administration staff
- Full accountability of commitment setting, performance management, review of team members
- Maximize the team results by properly managing roles and responsibilities are assigned and executed on in the most efficient manner
Competencies and Qualifications Desired
- Must be willing to relocate to Zimbabwe.
- Fluent in Gujarati, hindi, Telugu or Punjabi.
- 2-5 years’ progressively responsible experience in a similar position.
- Degree in accounting, finance or a relevant field.
- CPA/ ACCA or Master’s Degree is a strong advantage.
- Strategic leader with strong grasp of core financial concepts, including cost accounting, reporting, revenue recognition, financial modeling, and forecasting. Experience or knowledge about betting companies would be a strong advantage.
- Experience in using financial software such as QuickBooks is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
How to ApplyIf you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chief Accountant) to email@example.com before Friday 15th July, 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.