Job Profile: Procurement Assistant
Job Summary: Our client has a number of Lodges, Camps and Hotels across Kenya and Tanzania, They enjoys the goodwill of the international tourist market, as well as a diverse local individual and corporate clientele.
They seek to hire dynamic and result oriented Procurement Assistant who are open to change, ambitious, ready to grow and hardworking. Reporting to the Finance Manager
· Provides procurement, logistical and administrative support in the acquisition of a wide variety of goods and services.
· Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests and obtains additional information/documentation as required; determines the availability of vendors and funding sources.
· Monitors status of existing requisitions, maintains contact with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services, coordinates shipment of goods/commodities/equipment to various lodges and Hotels, verifies receipt and inspection of deliverables and accurately reports, as and if required.
· Produce tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotations) based on the nature of requirements and cost of procurement involved.
· Prepares abstracts of offers and compiles data contained in, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible under the guidance of Finance Manager.
· Finalizes purchase orders and contracts for approval by the Finance Manager; may authorize purchases in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepares submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official
· Assist in more complex, higher value purchasing operations; coordinates distribution of pertinent documents to concerned parties, ensures appropriate follow-up action etc.
· Maintains relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, systems contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
· Researches, retrieves and presents information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as obtain specifications for new products and equipment on the market.
· Preparing the L.P.O and Goods Received Note.
· Coordinating with accounts to ensure suppliers are paid on time in respect to their terms of payment as stipulated in the contracts.
· Drafts routine correspondence.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
· Degree in Procurement and or supply chain management
· CIPS Certificate will be an added advantage
· Over 3 years’ experience in procurement
· MUST have worked in the Hotel and hospitality industry
· Should have excellent communication skills
· Have keen eye for details
· Good negotiation, spend analysis and E-procurement skills
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 22nd May 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking “Procurement Assistant” on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted“Our client is an equal opportunity employer”