Job Title: Stores Supervisor
Job Purpose: To plan coordinate and make reports on all raw materials / finished good stores’ activities of receiving, ware housing and issuing of stocks.
Principal Accountabilities / Key Result Areas:
- Control and monitor stock movement.
- Ensure proper documentation for receiving of raw materials and finished goods from suppliers
- Dispatch of raw materials / finished goods to depots
- Raising of GRNS and confirming the invoices and the delivery notes
- In charge of reorder levels of the raw materials and the procurement liaising with the directors
- Supervise and maintain record of weighed material and store records at all times.
- Oversee issuance raw materials to production and maintain the correct documentation/transfer forms
- Oversee weighing of raw materials before issuing to production and ensuring the weighed materials are of the right quality/quantity.
- Keep and maintain accurate inventory records. Ensure the stock cards are well marked and updated in the store, i.e. raw materials/finished products.
- Ensure goods control in the management and coordination in receipt and dispatch of goods
- Demonstrate good planning in stock management-timely advice to the management on quantity and quality status/strict observation of FIFO system
- Enhance high levels of hygiene in stores and ensure company assets/machinery in the store are regularly maintained/serviced e.g. weighing scales, sealing machines.
- Ensure safety in the warehouse by monitoring stacking, clear gangways and maintaining of hygiene and good housekeeping practices in the warehouse
- Monitor stocks ‘shelf life to ensure no expiries in the store and ensure no expiries in the store and ensure effective FIFO system in place.
- Supervise the casuals in the department
- Practice of safe handling and storage of stock
- Documenting receiving of goods and ensuring accountability of stocks
- Supplier relationship management i.e. ensuring they are also served well
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Key Performance Indicators
- Good warehousing practice, FIFO, Traceability and Quarantine.
- Minimum stock variance expected
- Efficient coordination of logistics in receipts and issue of stock.
- Clean hygienic and well maintained stores
- Safe and accident free warehouse
Scope for Impact
- Implementation and improvement of warehouse processes- that details KPIs
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Diploma in stores management/ purchase and supplies/Business related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy store in a commercial environment
- Computer proficiency
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Maintain key performance indicators (KPI’s) at the factory which include but not limited to: Cleanliness of the store, FPS, Raw Materials, records and filing.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your application and CV quoting the job title on the email STORES SUPERVISOR to email@example.com COB Thursday 19th December, 2016.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Kindly quote your current/last salary and the position applied for on the subject of your application letter.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.