Introduction: VSF Germany is implementing the project “Food Security Rapid Response in Gedo region” for a period of 12 months with funding from Foreign Office, of German Government.
The project will be implemented in Somalia, Gedo Region: Dollow and Luuq Districts.
The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to improved food security, income generation and livelihoods of vulnerable IDPs, pastoralists, agro-pastoralists and urban poor in Northern Gedo Region of Southern Somalia.
To effectively implement this project VSFG is seeking to employ a Field Finance and Administration Officer.
Purpose of the job: To provide technical expertise in finance, administration and logistics and support in planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and communication to the Senior Accountant, Senior Project Officer and Project Manager.
Location: Office in Dollow with travels to field locations with travels as may be required from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide financial, logistical & administrative support to the projects
· Implement donor financial regulation in funds management at the field level.
· Manage the Projects finance and oversee all local procurement ensuring that donor and Organization’s policies are adhered to.
· Manage the project petty cash, keeping records of all field financial transactions.
· Submit monthly returns both hard copies and soft copies to the regional office.
· Prepare backups of financial documents both hard and soft copies
· Support preparation of cash forecasts, requests and submission to regional office to ensure flawless cash flow.
· Assist in monitoring of expense levels to avoid over expenditure and mis postings of expenses.
· Support Program Manager and field staff in drafting budgets, preparing field documentation and submission of field returns.
· Manage contracts with 3rd parties and supervise services rendered to the projects.
· Ensure stock cards and fuel cards are well kept with up to date fuel usage and stock records.
· Supervise junior camp staff as appropriate.
· Follow up on field staff leaves and share with line managers
· Ensure that Timesheets are prepared well and in time each month
· Undertake any other duties assigned to you by your supervisors
Minimum qualifications and work experience
· At least a Diploma qualification in business administration, accounting
· At least 3 years working experience as a field finance Officer (or similar position) in implementation of donor-funded projects.
· At least 3 years working experience in emergency interventions linked to Cash for work, Food security and livelihood or working with community based groups in similar activities.
· Experience in liaison with national and international actors in community based interventions, gender and youth issues.
· Good knowledge in monitoring and documentation of knowledge management.
· Ability to promote team work for effective and efficient output.
· Fluency in spoken and written English will be an added advantage
Interested persons should submit their application and CV to the following Email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position, thus; “Field Finance and Administration Officer – Gedo Region, Somalia”.
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 18th November, 2016.
However, assessment of the applications received will be done on a continuous basis until a suitable candidate is identified.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.