Role Profile: Voucher Coordinator
Our client, Marie Stopes Kenya, is looking to fill the position of a Voucher Coordinator. Reporting to and working with the Senior Youth Coordinator, the Voucher Coordinator’s main role is to coordinate the voucher programme, ensuring that vouchers reach adolescents who then take up free Family Planning Services at 150 Social Franchises.
The Voucher Coordinator will supervise the work of voucher officers based in the regions, ensuring reporting is done in a timely manner and ensure that the Voucher cycle is adhered to.
Liaise with IT to ensure that the Voucher Management System is up and running efficiently and providing e codes.
Scrutinize all claim documents from Voucher Service Providers to ensure they are in order, flagging any anomalies. Handle client tracing and other fraud management mechanisms.
To liaise with Finance to ensure Voucher Service Providers are reimbursed in a timely fashion.
The Voucher Coordinator is expected to deliver, maintain and promote quality standards expected by MSK and to contribute to the improved uptake of family planning services among adolescents.
The Voucher Coordinator must ensure a well run Voucher Programme that benefits adolescents who take up more family planning services.
Key Result Areas
Key Result Areas
1. Lead the voucher programme
- Recruit and train voucher officers
- Line manage voucher officers
- Coordinate inputs from Support Office teams
2. Secretary to the voucher steering committee
- Plan, organize and rapporteur Voucher Steering Committee meetings
- Advice the Voucher Steering Committee on ways of improving the Programme
3. Risk mitigation
- Conduct regular risk assessments
- Ensure risk mitigation measures are implemented
4. Fraud Prevention and Management
- Analyse performance and identify outliers and unusual trends every month
- Ensure investigations into outliers and unusual trends are conducted every month
- Escalate fraud to the Country Director and Internal Audit team
- Work with the [call centre lead] to ensure the call centre conduct client tracing every month
5. Distributor Compensation and VSP Reimbursement
- Check performance of distributors and approve payment of allowances
- Scrutinize documents from Voucher Service Providers and approve reimbursements
- Spot check Voucher distributors
6. Quality Assurance and Management
- Work with the QAM Lead and Social Franchise Senior Coordinator to ensure all voucher service providers are quality assured
- Work with QAM to ensure all Voucher Service providers are trained on youth friendly services
- Donor Reporting
- Provide the [donor reporting lead] with the necessary quantitative and qualitative inputs for donor reporting in a timely manner
7. Strategic Management
- Work with the [health financing lead] and Country Director to influence the government’s strategy for financing adolescents’ access to contraception
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the voucher programme
8. Promotional Activities
- To fully participate in planning promotional activities including educational and awareness-raising events with clients, community members and other stakeholders.
- To positively promote Marie Stopes Kenya as a leading, quality provider of reproductive & sexual health services.
9. Team Values
- To actively contribute to achieving the Programme targets set by Marie Stopes Kenya.
- To attend & contribute to Programme meetings and the creation and implementation of work plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences including Sociology, Community Development and any other related field
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in the Development Sector/NGO sector .
- Experience in running voucher Programmes is desirable
- Well organized and having attention to detail
- Excellent communicator – both written and spoken
- Ability to manage others
- Good planning and organizational skills
- High level of professionalism and management of clients
- Team player who accepts constructive criticism and is comfortable with giving constructive criticism.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly to meet programme needs
How to Apply
Forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 06th October 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: Sheerlogictalentsourcing@gmail.com clearly marking “Voucher Coordinator” on the subject line.