Position: ECD Teacher
Reports to: Headmistress
Hours: Mon- Fri, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The jobholder is responsible for childcare duties at on-site daycare center accurately, efficiently, and following all guidelines.
- Assists in development and execution of plans for the Daycare; performing routine and non-routine tasks.
- Organize, implement, coordinate, and control services of the childcare program
- Set up and maintain an organized and clutter free environment safe for the children
- Supervising children/infants at all times
- Oversee the assigned daycare attendants
- Responsible for submitting and implementing a weekly themed lesson plan
- Carry out proper child guidance
- Carry out home visits to the respective children’s home to ascertain proper child care and rearing continues within the household
- Cleaning and maintaining a safe environment for children
- Assisting in feeding the children during meals set up
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Coordinate parent partnership plan to ensure effective child care and protection among the caregivers/parents
- High level of motivation, organization, honesty, commitment and professional responsibility
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development
- At least 1 year experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively with parents
- Be respectful
- Child friendly with no previous record of child abuse
- Be flexible
- Team oriented
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.