Vacancies: Trainees Screen Printing Machine Operators
Vajas Manufacturers Limited is a leading company in Printing and branding of promotional items.
It seeks to recruit highly qualified, competent, hardworking and self-motivated candidates to fill the above vacant positions.
maintaining screen printing equipment, drying and folding screen printed items ,quality checks as needed, changing inks as needed, inspecting products and looking for visual defects(light leaks, scratches, assembly problems, blemishes, printing issues, etc.) and meet production rate, which is established by production manager.
Key duties and responsibilities for trainee screen printing machine operator
- Sets and adjusts feed rollers, spindle reel, printing screens, and bolts to specifications.
- Starts dyeing oven and sets thermostat to temperature specified for printing run.
- Reviews print order to determine settings and adjustments required to set up manually controlled or automatic screen printing machine or decorating equipment.
- Measures, centres, and aligns and positions screen, using gauge and hand tools.
- Determines from orders type and colour of designs to print.
- Mixes paints according to formula, using bench mixer.
- Examines product for paint smears, position of design, or other defects and adjusts equipment.
- Compares ink or paint prepared for printing run with master colour swatch to confirm accuracy of match.
- Inspects printing equipment and replaces damaged or defective parts, such as switches, pulleys, fixtures, screws, and bolts.
- Patrols printing area to monitor production activities and to detect problems, such as mechanical breakdowns or malfunctions.
- Counts and records quantities printed in production log.
- Trains workers in use of printing equipment and in quality standards.
- Adjusts position of design or screen to ensure specified colour print registration.
- Diploma in Printing Technology from a recognized institution
- Any other relevant qualification related to printing will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Must have previous exposure in printing as an intern or 1 year experience
- Must be able to distinguish between colours and tones
- Must be detailed orientated and Self-motivated
- Possess problem solving skills and must be very creative
- Must be organized and possess excellent communication skills
- Must be willing and able to work in shifts, irregular hours, including evenings, holidays, and weekends as position responsibilities may require from time to time dictated by work load.
Interested candidates should send their applications and CVs to email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 15th October 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.