Our client, specialized in the transportation, storage, consigning and express distribution of dangerous and hazardous goods seeks to recruit a General Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee operations management within the company guidelines.
- Work with existing and new customers to develop and implement solutions that provide value to the organization
- Oversee operations schedule and staff in anticipation to customer needs.
- Oversee the staffing needs of contract to assure sufficient labor to meet the customer's requirements and control costs.
- Establish and monitor cost control programs, including annual budget development, monthly profit and loss review, payroll, cost analysis and invoicing
- Ensure safety, maintain quality, establish and monitor cost control programs.
- Ensure ongoing customer service and maintain customer relations through focusing on the contract's daily operations based on customer’s needs.
- Monitor service levels to ensure that performance statistics meet all contractual requirements
- Manage all warehouse activities, costs, operations and forecasts and monitor progress towards goals.
- Provide leadership in coaching, mentoring, personnel selection, and professional development.
- Liaise with the relevant department to ensure supplier payments and requirements are met
- Ensure that the stock levels in the office and warehouse are maintained at the required levels
- Assist Clients with Dangerous Goods Regulations quotes and queries
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Logistics/ Purchasing and Supplies or any related course
- Must have a Valid DGR Cat 6 IATA Certificate
- 10 years’ experience in logistics, 5 of which should be in Dangerous Goods
- Strong Knowledge of Kenya Import and Export requirements.
- Have a valid driving license
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org or before close of business 15th September, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement