Customer Service Engineer
Purpose of the Position: The job holder supports all customers by providing and recommending appropriate solutions in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
In addition, they are involved in the integration, deployment and subsequent monitoring and maintenance of customer solutions.
- Proactive monitoring customer links using the NMS and other tools and taking the necessary remedial action.
- Integration, deployment and subsequent monitoring and maintenance of customer solutions.
- Support for customers queries and service issues 24/7.
- Attend to customers support issues reported on phone and mail.
- Site visits to troubleshoot and resolve technical customer issues for cases that cannot be resolved on phone.
- Acknowledge email by adhering to the Company’s standard.
- As the Engineer on Duty (EOD) delegate and assigns tasks on scheduled site visits.
- Post-implementation training and commissioning of customer solutions.
- Resolving customer faults on site.
- Ensuring that all support calls are answered, responded to, acted upon and logged into the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Tracking and closely monitoring customer complaints logged in the CRM system.
- Working out the exact nature of clients’ problems and prescribing the correct solution, or referring them to others for assistance in order to ensure continuous access to the service.
- Responding to client queries promptly which results to customer satisfaction.
- Monitoring network and clients links performance. To monitor and ensure optimal performance in all network solutions.
- Implementing customer solutions.
- Assist in the induction of new staff in the region.
- Preparing reports on a timely basis.
- Accompany Sales representatives to meetings involving especially service reviews
- Pre-sales input in responding to customer solution proposals.
- Occasional assistance to the TechOps team in handling infrastructure related issues.
- Academic and professional qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field such as Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- CCNP and JNCIA qualification would be an added advantage.
- Must have at least 2 year relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Networks and internet troubleshooting.
- Experience in Routing/Switching environments.
- Experience in major operating systems such as UNIX, Windows
- Experience in managing/maintaining client relationships.
- In-depth knowledge of customer solutions e.g. data communications, mail servers and proxies.
- Good analytical skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work without close supervision.
- Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented and goal focused.
- Excellent presentation skills.