Our client East Africa’s leading Supply Chain Company is currently seeking to fill the position of a Warehouse Operations Manager.
The incumbent will be tasked with the core duty of Planing, organising and controlling all warehouse operational activities to ensure client deliverables are achieved.
- Monitor and approve receipt and release of clients’ stock
- Ensure safe custody of goods in the warehouse.
- Manage material movements according to SOP and best practice.
- Oversee the coordination of all inbound and outbound material.
- Ensure physical stock movements are correctly managed in the WMS.
- Follow up on orders for customers to ensure they are executed on time and accurately.
- Ensure that every step of the process is functioning effectively.
- Prepare daily planning schedule to ensure sufficient storage space, personnel and equipment are available to meet daily operational requirements.
- Ensure that weekly WMS reports on client volumes and warehouse capacities are done for top management.
- Measure warehousing activities with accurate KPIs and share KPIs with customers, regional team and top management.
- Notify management of any irregularities and issues.
- Perform daily spot checks on warehouse documentation and archiving to ensure compliance.
- Consistently analyse productivity and efficiency of warehouse staff and equipment.
- Monitor staff to ensure job activities are carried out properly based on agreed job descriptions and set objectives.
- Follow up on the development of company QHSE policy on the shop floor.
- Follow up with QHSE, legal, security incidents/ findings with relevant department heads.
- Manage the personnel in line with health and safety regulation and group policy.
- Handle customer issues raised by customer service officer and ensure satisfaction and retention.
- Develop staff skills and provide sufficient training.
- Perform daily spot checks to ensure SOP and QHSE compliance on the shop floor.
- Evaluate complaints received on shipments of equipment and stock, and take appropriate action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field; supply chain management
- 5 years’ experience in warehouse operations in a busy supply chain environment
- MS Office suite proficient
- Knowledge Warehouse management systems
Qualified & interested candidates to share their CVs via email@example.com CC firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 24th June, 2016.