Check your search results here

Community Field Assistant Job in Kenya


Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Nutrition (WASH) Benefits Project

Position:
Community Field Assistant (Multiple Positions)
Deadline To Apply: August 16th 2012
Start Date: Late August 2012

Location: Bungoma, or Kakamega with flexibility to travel to other locations especially in Western Region
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only


IPA’s WASH Benefits Project is a five year study that evaluates the health benefits of sanitation, hygiene, household water treatment and nutrition, using a large-scale, randomized evaluation that is taking place in Western province. 

We are currently seeking Community Field Assistants to focus on census data collection in study villages. The position will be based in the Western region, and will require travel within the region. 

He/she will work closely fellow Community Field Assistants, other project officers, and with WASH Benefits project management team, including Project Coordinators (PCs), Project Associates (PAs), and Project Managers. 

The Position will require spending approximately 95% of time in the field and the remaining 5% in the office.

Tasks, Duties, And Responsibilities:
  • Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner
  • Interact with community members with the highest level of integrity and understanding
  • On non-field days, conscientious performance of office work, for instance translations, peer training/learning
  • Assist in daily GPS device maintenance and storage
  • Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities
  • Help in mentoring fellow staff and community members who are directly linked to an activity
  • Successfully complete all tasks assigned by the WASH Benefits management team
  • Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection
  • Networking with the different components of the project and reporting appropriately
  • Install, monitor and retrieve where necessary project items including data monitoring devices, hardwares and instructional materials
Qualifications:
Required
  • Secondary school qualification(KCSE certificate with aggregate grade C)
  • Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili, in particular a minimum of grade “C” in both subjects
  • Willingness to walk extensively in the field
  • Ability to work independently and as part of a team
  • Well organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision
Desired
  • Experience with responsibilities listed above
  • Experience using GPS devices
  • Fluent in Luhya
To Apply:

Please send a cover letter and detailed CV including daytime phone number, an email address, and 3 professional references. Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience.

Applications can be submitted in person at any of our branch offices, or by email to jobs-kenya@poverty-action.org, or by post office using P.O. Box 373, Busia area code, 50400 Kenya. 

If you submit by email, please ensure that the subject line reads: “COMMUNITY FIELD ASSISTANT REF NO: WB-2012-08-02”. 

Shortlisted candidate will be contacted by email for an interview. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.

Disclaimer: 

The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Community Field Assistant. 

The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. 

Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. 

Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization. Please direct questions to jobs-kenya@poverty-action.org.

DO NOT MISS to Subscribe below for the latest jobs to your EMAIL for FREE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Want to know the latest news, read great articles, features, jobs and careers? Then click here