· Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
· Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
· Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
· Analyze and review budgets and expenditures for local, and private funding, contracts, and grants.
· Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
· Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
· Analyse revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
· Resolve accounting discrepancies.
· Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
· Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
· Develop the annual operating budget and consult with departmental management on the fiscal aspects of program planning, salary recommendations, and other administrative actions.
· Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff other duties as assigned.
· Assists in preparation of monthly financial reporting package.
· Maintains and reconciles monthly fixed asset detail and depreciation schedules for the company. Reconciles selected general ledger accounts, including some bank statement reconciliations, on a monthly basis.
· Prepares other analysis of financial information as requested.
· Assists with the annual audit, including preparing audit schedules and providing necessary information to the auditors.
· Assists with various audits and review of tax accounts by the taxing authorities as directed.
· Accountable for various daily accounting transactions within limits of delegated functions in general accounting; payables, receivables, payroll, and job cost including.
· Bachelor of Commerce Majored in Finance or Accounting, Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
· CPA (K) or equivalent qualification
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
· At least 7 years’ professional experience including 4 years at a managerial level position
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
· Communication skills, both oral and in writing
· Deals well with pressure
· Interpersonal skills
· Reporting Skills
· Analytical Thinking Skills
· Good organizational skills
· Good time management skills
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 18 February 2017.