Location: Homabay/ Kisumu
I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations. ICL works using the Quadra Helix Model of partnering with the Government of Kenya, through the Ministries of Health, Education, Agriculture, Youth Affairs and Vision 2030 among others, Corporates, Universities and Civil Society Organizations, to design interventions to solve problems in different communities. It has programs in over 234 institutions (tertiary institutions and high schools) across 23 Counties in Kenya and reaches over 1 million youth annually with behaviour change communication messages.
Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) initiative is a two year initial intervention whose goal is to reduce new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) ages 10-24 in the focus counties by 40 percent (in two years). The initiative seeks to provide tailored, comprehensive and evidence-informed service package targeting AGYW’s who are at the highest risk of HIV infection, their male sexual partners, families and communities
S/he will contribute towards reduction of new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) through girl identification, provision of EBI’s training and safe house packages, tracking of the beneficiaries and providing reports with clear recommendations and lessons learnt. In addition, support counties in the actualization of their County Strategic plans aligned to Vision 2030.
Project Outreach Associate
Project implementation and training
· Implement Evidence Based Interventions targeting Adolescent girls and young women.
· Assist in office administrative roles, particularly pertaining to records, payments and other responsibilities
· Responsible for overall management of the adolescent safe spaces at the ward level
· Ensure that the safe spaces are equipped and stocked with DREAMS commodities, it is safe and that is branded accordingly
· Ensure the EBI’s namely Healthy Choices, SHUGA, SASA, FMP and promotive interventions Condolympics are implemented to reach the targeted AGYW
· Coordinate the work of mentors and facilitators in the wards and keeping records of their activities and work plans
· Participate in project, organizational and institutional meetings, take minutes and work harmoniously with other stakeholders in delivery of the project goal
· Work closely with other partners in identifying vulnerable girls to be support under the DREAMS project
· Prepare weekly/ monthly ward narrative and data reports as well as host periodic review meetings with mentors and facilitators
Project Monitoring& Evaluation
· Implement the data collection tools as provided by the donor and ICL monitoring and evaluation policies
· Consolidate project qualitative and quantitative data
· Maintain data records
· Ensure evaluations of trainings and project activities are conducted, reports written and submitted to the Assistant Project Officer.
· Assist in preparing activity reports and monthly reports in time for team reflection meetings.
· Identify and develop project human success stories
· Work with project team to develop picture speaks and newsletter for various activities
· Work with the Communication Officer to develop project communication materials
· Work with the Communication Officer in project and organization brand enhancement
· Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
· Conduct donor research via the Internet to assist the project team in identifying, targeting donors and funding opportunities.
Qualifications for the Project Outreach Associate Job
· A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Community Development or related field.
· Must be Trained Facilitator or Trainer of Trainers in at least 2 EBIs.
· A minimum of one year of professional experience implementing EBI’s.
· Should be Computer Literate and proficient
· Highly motivated to work in a high-performance environment
· Willingness to learn, tackle challenges and seek creative solutions in everyday assignments.
· Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal communication skills, both Verbal and written.
· Must be able to meet urgent deadlines, work with grace under pressure, and function well in a team.
How to Apply
Click on this link to apply
Click on this link to apply