Duma Works is recruiting a Project Manager for one of our client; a fast growing social enterprise that help partners distribute and collect information by engaging difficult-to-reach populations through their mobile phones.
Location: Dar es salaam
We specialize in interactive voice calls (including IVR) and SMS in local languages, instantly reaching across distance and literacy barriers.
We also have an API used to power existing mobile service providers.
In the past 3 years, our product has been used by 500+ organizations to reach over 5 million people across 39 countries.
We offer the most robust platform in the industry and work across all sectors. We have already setup the international connections that allow us to call every phone on the planet.
Further, through conducting a number of tests, we have developed a large number of best practices that help our partners to push the boundary on what’s possible in terms of mobile engagement rates.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will be based in Dar es Salaam and report to the Tanzania Country Manager.
About the Role:
1. Project Management
· Help to establish work plans and deliverables for each project under supervision
· Monitor and contribute to the implementation of these work plans according to the established time lines
· Facilitate training and content development workshops as needed
· Assist to recruit, supervise and train staff and consultants needed to meet project objectives, as required
· Supervise qualitative and quantitative research and other field activities
2. Partner Management
· Be the primary point of contact for partners as determined by the Country Manager
· Provide close assistance to these partners for the effective use of the company services in the domains of health, agriculture, gender, water and sanitation, and more
· Monitor the implementation of the needs of these partners according to the project objectives
· Inform clients of new services and product improvements
· Solicit and document client feedback, including needs and expectations to inform the ongoing development of the company’s offering
3. New Business Development
· Represent the organization with donors, Government representatives, consortium partners and clients, as delegated by the Country Manager
· Identify potential partners and clients in the public and private sectors for the company services
· Lead the client acquisition process by engaging with these partners and providing demonstrations of the company services
· Support the development of new project proposals and budgets in coordination with the Country Manager
· Seek out strategic partnerships for the improvement of the company services
· Maintain a database for client relationship management
· At least an undergraduate degree
· Speak Kiswahili
· Experience with project management (ideally with multi-year and multi-stakeholder projects)
· Experience with international development NGOs either as clients or by working for them
· Experience helping individuals in a developing economy (e.g., Sub-Saharan Africa) use a technology, ideally one that is phone mobile related (e.g., understand end-user interactions with technology)
· Experience using software or working for a software company (e.g., can learn and master a software technology quickly)
Knowledge & Skills
· Problem solving – able to understand end-user needs and create and evolve a service that meets them
· Detail oriented and reliable – will always come through on deliverables and client needs as well as quality check work and tasks before they are implemented in order to avoid errors, delays and added costs
· Management skills – oversee a project to keep it on time and budget (while hitting quality deliverables) including sub-contractors and partners
· Mobile engagement knowledge – understand how end users in your geography use their mobile phones and interact with mobile (IVR, SMS, data) content
· Tech savvy – you can understand how to use a technology to benefit end users from a design perspective and you can quickly learn how to actually use a software system yourself to implement the project
· Sector knowledge – ideally you’d know about the sector in which your projects will work, this could be governance, agriculture, health, education or market research
· Entrepreneurship – ready to take a great concept that has not yet been implemented or planned and turn it into a well-defined and impactful service
· Teamwork – sense of humor, flexibility, humility, loyalty and dedication to the team’s goals
Our Team and Culture:
We believe that More Voices leads to Better Choices. This means giving valuable information to poor households to help them make better lifestyle decisions, and it also means giving a voice to those same households to influence national and development policy in their country.
Tanzanian Nationals only to apply.
Please forward your CV and quick summary (one paragraph) on why you’re interested in the position to email@example.com marking the subject as “2522”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2522 Barack Obama, +2557xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th January 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.