Position: Logistics & Admin Coordinator
Department & Location: Logistics & Administration / Program Unit (Nairobi, Kilifi & Kisumu)
Duration: 3 Years Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Area Manager / Country Logistics & Administration Manager
Purpose: The Logistics & Admin Coordinator has overall responsibility of ensuring efficient and effective organization and coordination of day-to-day operations of the Program Unit.
S/he is directly accountable for supporting the Program Unit in managing administrative functions including fleet management, security operations, Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S), property/asset management, storekeeping and warehousing and proactive front end program support to meet project needs and requirements in compliance to donor grants and Plan procedures and systems.
This JD outlines the main areas of duties and accountabilities and if requested by the Area Manager or Program Director will provide program support where appropriate.
Office Management and General Administration
· Supervision and oversight of the front office operations that ensures a clean, hygienic and risk-free working environment in line with occupational health and safety guidelines.
· Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit. Recommends procedural changes, improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users to enhance efficiency of operations.
· Collaborates with others in establishing work priorities, anticipating program requirements and follows up on ensuring appropriate implementation of policies and decisions made by management.
· Oversee and coordinate efficient use of office consumables, inventories and equipment.
· Evaluates adequacy of office space requirements, identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, coordinating enhancements as necessary.
· Ensuring that contracts, leases and other agreements are properly maintained and updated.
· Organizing, arranging and coordinating meetings.
· Serve as security focal point person for the field office.
· Processing and logging administrative purchase requests in SAP for procurement action and ensure status updates from the procurement tracker are communicated to programmes in a timely manner.
· Facilitate issuance of approved LPOs to local vendors at PU level and follow up with them to ensure quality delivery of goods and/or services.
· Compilation & consolidation of accurate weekly, monthly & quarterly reports and submitting the same for management action in a timely manner.
· Ensure adherence to relevant Plan International policies by all staff in respective PU.
· Management of office petty cash float and adherence to set expenditure guidelines.
· Responsible for office book-keeping, filing, archiving and records maintenance.
· Ensure program support is provided to the program team in a timely and efficient manner.
· Provide IT support in liaison with the IT technical lead at the hub.
Fleet & Travel Management
· Providing direct supervision and support to the Drivers and enforcement of the transport and fleet management policy as well as security SOPs.
· Analyze and negotiate service agreements for approval, monitor maintenance and repair costs and provide recommendations on fleet requirements to ensure maximum efficiency and value for money.
· Track daily Plan fleet and taxi usage, fuel consumption and maintain accurate inventory of equipment to minimize fleet downtime and reduction of risk to Plan assets and staff.
· Focal person for all travels including liaison with ticketing agents and taxi vendors to ensure quality services and value for money.
· Review purchase requisitions for parts and supplies; review vendor bid responses for tools, equipment, parts and services; monitor expenditures.
· Participate in the recruitment and selection of fleet maintenance personnel as required and jointly determine areas of development and training requirements.
· Provide timely and accurate fleet management reports on a monthly basis.
· Maintaining and updating the weekly travel schedule as well as all required fleet records and paperwork for vehicles and drivers.
· Ensure minimum safety equipment for all fleet as per Security SOP’s on Vehicles and Bikes.
· Maintain a database of all the travels and accommodation of field staff and visitors.
Asset, Property & Inventory Management
· Provide general oversight for Program Unit (PU) asset register and inventory management to ensure accuracy and currency of related records.
· Oversee continuous tagging of new assets, tracking and physical verification exercise of all assets and updating the same in the asset register.
· Providing technical assistance to staff on usage, storage and maintenance of program equipment.
· Maintaining the General Program Equipment and asset files to ensure correct documentation pertaining to the identity, repair, theft, loss, disposal, and transfer is completed, reported and filed.
· Ensure that general program equipment and assets are kept in good condition, serviced as required and when necessary, promptly repaired in compliance with any existing warranty.
· Report to the Management on the condition of equipment and any discrepancies if found.
· Ensure timely processing of valid insurance cover for all office assets and equipment.
Warehousing / Stores Management
· Provides oversight for Program Unit stores and historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
· Transfer and dispose records according to Plan retention schedules and policies.
· Ensuring that all incoming and outgoing stock is controlled according to Plan procedures.
· Making proper arrangements for receiving and dispatching commodities as per Plan policy.
· Ensuring all warehouse/store related documentation is done as per policy.
· Ensuring that stocks are stored in appropriate conditions according to their specific requirements and that storekeepers are briefed on this.
· Reviewing and forwarding for approval stock movements that have been captured.
· Ensure that regular stock reconciliation is carried out and any discrepancies are properly investigated and reported to management.
Academic Qualifications and experience
· Degree in Business Administration or Management
· At least 3 years’ of related experience in an NGO environment
· Experience reviewing current work processes and developing/implementing new methods and procedures to promote efficiency is highly desirable
Key Skills and competencies
· Professionalism: Knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial and human resources policies and procedures; Knowledge of roles, responsibilities and end to end processes in the context of an ERP system; Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis; Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter
· Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; Identifies priority activities and assignments; Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; Uses time efficiently
· Client Orientation: Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
· Accountability: Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Plan values; Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary support to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Collaboration: Builds and maintains effective relationships with their team, colleagues, National Offices and external partners and supporters; Values diversity, approachable, good listener and team player
· Integrity: Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Physical Environment and Demands: Typical office environment with field visit demands whenever necessary.
Level of Contact with Children: High level – Daily interaction with children
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
The deadline for applications is 10th February 2017.