Duties and responsibilities
· Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
· Identify training and development opportunities
· Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
· Provide staff orientations
· Monitor daily staff attendance.
· Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
· Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
· Schedule and organize interviews
· Participate in applicant interviews
· Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
· Inform unsuccessful applicants
· Conduct exit interviews.
· Implement a human resources plan and personnel management policies and procedures.
· Explain provisions of the personnel policy to staff.
· Explain employment standards and legislation such as workers compensation, labour standards and Fair Practice Act.
· Organize the transitional provisions of employee compensation, pay and benefits when positions are transferred or new positions are funded through contribution agreements and other special funding arrangements.
· Arrange for the repairs of computers and other office equipment and assist with organizing staff to carry out work due periods of equipment shutdowns.
· Attend Various Committees’ meetings to provide information, when necessary.
· Perform other related duties as required
· An undergraduate degree in HR, management, psychology or business related fields
· Post graduate HR qualifications will be an added advantage
· Business English will be a prerequisite.
· Excellent it skills (internet, email, word, excel and PowerPoint)
· Minimum of three years’ experience in HR and administration
· Experience in customer centric roles.
· Planning and execution skills required.
· People management and development skills
· Strong administration skills
· Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft office
· A high level of confidentiality
· Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Flexibility and willingness to learn
· Enjoy working with people
· Tact and diplomacy
· Good administrative skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
Salary: Starting KES 30,000/= Gross per month.
Application procedure: If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th February, 2017.Applications not meeting the minimum requirements and not following the instructions given will not be considered.