2. Major Duties and Responsibilities
R1. Financial Management
· Manage projects financial records including updating Project books in QuickBooks e.g. Bank and petty cash books, ledgers and journal.
· Manage preparation, co-ordination and control of budget including budget forecasts and budget tracking.
· Manage cash flow projections and actual cash analysis.
· Manage cost centers for business units. Ensure monthly bank reconciliation of all bank accounts.
· Ensure monthly trial balances and final accounts are correctly done i.e. income and expenditure & balance sheet.
· Ensure that Finance staff maintain check and cash payment vouchers files.
· Oversee banking of staff salary checks in their individual bank accounts.
· Manage payroll and statutory deductions.
· Ensure monthly financial reports are compiled according to donor specifications.
· Review and send accurate and timely financial reports to donors and trustees.
· Oversee office petty cash management, i.e. receipts and disbursements.
· Ensure timely petty cash projections and daily cash count.
· Ensure timely preparation for Audit and effective implementation of recommendations.
R2. Risk Management
· Ensure that the organization does not suffer any financial or material loss through fraud and error by ensuring that cash and all assets are safeguarded by closely monitoring and maintaining an adequate system of internal control.
· Ensure adequate insurance for all premises, furniture and equipment.
· Ensure that the organization complies with all the legal, regulatory and audit requirements, including submitting relevant reports to the management.
· Ensure safekeeping of all unused check books.
R3. Inventory Management
· Oversee the implementation of inventory checks and stock movement procedures.
· Ensure maintenance of Fixed Asset register.
· Ensure quarterly procurement schedule is aligned to quarterly budgets.
· Ensure timely payments of procurements for project supplies and equipment.
· Ensure that Inventory Goods Received Notes are correctly received and signed.
· Ensure that periodic inventory counts are undertaken.
· Authorize all internal and external requisitions before issues or cash disbursements for procurement is done.
· Oversee weekly and monthly inventory reporting
R4. Program Support
· Teach and guide beneficiaries in various organizational development and financial literacy/management Provide quarterly budget vs actual reports for each Programs Team
· Take part in mass issues of items from the inventory e.g. sanitary towels, mosquito nets, school uniforms and clothes to OVCs.
R5. Governance and Management
· Ensure adherence to the organization’s Financial Policy and Procedures Manuals, generally accepted accounting standards and statutory reporting requirements.
· Attend workshops and forums as organized by the donors or THE ORGANIZATION.
· Filing annual returns with Kenya Revenue Authority.
R6. Other Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Executive Director, Trustees and management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of the organization’s mission and vision.
· Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
Level of education: At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance or other relevant disciplines Specialized
Training / Professional Qualifications: Must hold a professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, or CA.
· Detail oriented and well-organized
· Requires strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and administration skills.
· At least seven (7) years’ experience; three of which should be in management position
How to apply
· cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed
· three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements
· three references and
Important: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed.