Career Opportunity: Finance Controller – Tanzania
Job Location: Arusha, Tanzania
About Monsanto: Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone.
We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas.
We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture.
Sound like a job for you?
Job Summary: Based in Arusha Tanzania, the role will oversee all accounting, reporting and compliance activities with support from regional, global Centre of Excellence (COE) and Shared Services Centre (SSC) teams.
The responsibilities include working as a single point of contact (SPOC) for all local finance activities as well as providing sound leadership as part of the Tanzania Leadership Team.
The Duties and responsibilities for this job include but are not limited to;
· Ensure Compliance to Corporate Controllership Policies (CCP’s) and FCPA (vendor approvals)
· Preparation and submission of quarterly controllership and tax certifications
· Preparation of monthly tax provisions; US and statutory tax reporting
· Review of quarterly tax submissions / tax forecasts to USA/annual SEC and GDX packs
· Preparation of annual and provisional income tax returns
· Internal audits, USGAAP/external audits and statutory returns
· Prepare annual financial statements and drive IFRS conversions when necessary
· Approval of all balance sheet reconciliations
· Preparation of legal entity cash flow forecasts and cash management (including A/R management)
· Month end closing activities – TB review (P&L and Balance Sheet)
· Calculation and payment of provisional taxes in liaison with tax coordinator
· Approval of electronic vendor payments (account signatory)
· Maintain relationships with 3rd parties i.e. vendors, bank, tax authorities, auditors etc.
· Providing support to business and finance projects
· Cost center; Balance sheet and Tax reviews
· Provide support to costing team on stock counts and inventory controls.
· Manage local entity SLA’s with SSC
· Drive local annual budget process
· Drive annual fixed assets verifications
· Business partnering and site visits for trainings on expense reporting, CCP compliance etc
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online