Our client, a farm based in Southern highlands of Tanzania is looking for a General Manager.
The ideal candidate must have prior general fruit experience.
- Responsible for supervising and liaising with the management.
- Oversee day to day production, operations and development.
- Preparation of production and cost budgets for the business.
- Ensure that cordial relations are maintained with local communities and government administration.
- Overseeing the continual development and improvement of fruit quality.
- Overseeing the export process ensuring ‘zero reject’ and ‘zero discounting’ for fruit arriving in Europe.
- Drawing up and managing budgets that articulate the business strategy.
- Controlling the cultivation and harvesting of fruits.
- Evaluating and implementing strategies in pest and disease control.
- The further development of existing management teams.
- Developing a formal system of professional and personal development all staff.
- Maintaining a robust succession planning system, anticipating and mitigating areas of risk.
- A Graduate from a recognized University or College.
- A proven management track record, preferably within the fresh produce sector.
- 5 -10 years agricultural experience with specific reference to production.
- Experience of working in East or Southern Africa.
- Technical horticultural experience is an added advantage.
- Experience of working in rural locations with large numbers of employees is a distinct advantage.
- Computer literacy and good numerical skills.
- Sound business planning ability.
- Organized and structured work style with a clear sense of priorities.
- An adaptive and flexible management style.
- Culturally savvy and sensitive. Astute to internal and external politics.
Monthly gross Salary: Ksh. 500,000 – 600,000 /= (Approx. 5,000 – 6,000 USD)
Deadline: 15th January 2017
To apply, please follow the link:
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
Leading Recruitment & Executive Search Company in Kenya;
Summit Recruitment & Search, Blixen Court,