Deputy Director - Procurement & Logistics
Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a Deputy Director Procurement & Logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership of a team providing all procurement, logistics and inventory support to the whole programme
- Development, implementation and oversight of all supply chain systems and practice
- Development of systems for assets and logs management
- Develops and reviews departmental budget to ensure no over expenditure
- Determine best methods of purchase, utilizing new systems technologies as appropriate.
- Work with internal teams and suppliers to ensure compliance to policies and procedures
- Periodically re-assess supply risks and develop corresponding mitigation plans.
- Planning and import coordination
- Follows up with project teams to ensure project implementation within agreed timelines and costs
- Understand and keep abreast with new procurement trends, report to management and develop corresponding changes in procurement policies and practices.
- Negotiate supply contracts that conform to the organization policies, seek the best package in terms of quality, price, terms, delivery, and added services.
- Guides the warehouse teams on inventory management to ensure JIT and nil stock outs
- Manage suppliers, prequalification and source audits giving recommendation for action on none performing suppliers
- Manage supplier contracts and ensure adherence to terms and conditions for contract
- Coordinate disposal / resale of equipment / items no longer needed.
- Research, identify design and implement tools, systems and best practices to achieve continuous improvement goals
- Manage all import logistics and coordination with clearing agent and GP&L
- Undertake procurement planning and review/update of progress
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis for challenges and implement agreed action plans
- Reviews/Approves procurement Purchase Order as per thresholds and ensures no errors on Purchase Orders
- Controls spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Prepare and circulate P&L monthly performance report with reasons for deficiency and action plans to avoid repeat
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Procurement and Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration (with Procurement Option)
- Master of Science in Procurement and Logistics and CIPS qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Procurement Manager, Purchasing Agent, or Buyer
- Knowledge of local supplier base and local laws and regulations.
- Professional qualification in Purchasing Management, Logistics, Supply Chain management or contract law
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 20th January, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement.