Duma Works is recruiting an Administrative Supervisor for one of our clients; a pioneer and leader of small group travel across the globe.
Sneak Preview: The Administration Supervisor is accountable for all Regional (East Africa) reservations and ensuring all parties involved, including local office, Base Camp, hotel, service providers and the CEO’s are provided with accurate information and support necessary in order to provide superior customer service in a cost effective and timely manner.
The role supports the continued push to create an overall high level of regional satisfaction from our travelers.
This position is also responsible in contributing to special projects and the overall administration of the Nairobi office and its tours, as well as assisting in managing passenger emergencies.
· Execute new, amended and cancelled bookings to all hotels and service providers
· Prepare accurate passenger rooming and name lists to hotels and service providers and manage last minute requests for bookings and numerous general enquiries from the sales department
· Main point of contact for regional sales enquiries relating to our safaris & tours
· Maintain FIT/Group tour requests from the Sales department.
· Ensure all hotels/suppliers have the necessary welcome notes and information for incoming passengers prior to arrival
· Ensure trip costs are accurate including monitoring tour leader trip costs and supplier trip costs and conveying any updates to Regional Manager, Buying Manager and Accounting department
· Create good relationships with our active suppliers in East Africa and Madagascar
· Action the regional emergency phone for all passenger and field emergency issues
· Training with new supplier on any system updates
· Co ordinate with the Tour leader Manager on booking information and changes
· Develop and achieve other duties and projects as required by East Africa Regional Operations Manager
· Act as an ambassador and role model of the G Adventures Core Values and Culture
· Required 2+ years in a similar role in Tourism Industry demonstrated with sound references
· Extensive regional knowledge and travel experience
· Superior problem solving skills and ability to prioritize workload
· Proven time management skills and quick turn around
· Extensive Customer Service experience dealing with travelers
· Knowledge of the East African tourism market, product and operations preferred
· Charismatic with ability to motivate others
· Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and manage a team of remote staff
· Highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
· Ability to manage a crisis and take responsibility for the safety of others
· Customer service oriented with solid teamwork abilities
· Strong office administration and organizational skills with attention to detail
· Ability to work recognizing the demands of deadlines and schedules
· Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint/Keynote and written communication
· Driven and motivated by a dynamic, fast-paced environment where change is the norm
· Positive and Innovative attitude
· Legally permitted to live and work in Kenya.
Applications letters and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “ 2374”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2374, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through
Deadline for receiving applications: 28th January 2017N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an email alert asking you to take a basic screening test online or over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.