A Christian based school located in Nairobi is seeking a qualified class 3 teacher who can teach all subjects. The incumbent must be a Christian.
Job Title: Primary School Teacher
Reports To: Senior Teacher
Job Purpose: The primary - school teacher is responsible for providing a safe environment and developmentally appropriate Primary - school program in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the school program.
- Ensure equipment and the facility is adequate, clean, well maintained and safe at all times.
- Provide weekly, monthly and termly schedules for activities.
- Develop appropriate play programs and activities.
- Implement school curriculum that introduce math and literacy
- Implement policies and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies according to school guidelines.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs and games and storytelling.
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
- Integrate special needs children in a positive and respectful manner.
- Discuss children’s development with parents. Discuss identified problems and needs with parents and come up with possible solutions.
- Keep parents informed of school expectations, program activities and their child’s progress.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, punctual and responsible
- Demonstrable patience with children
- Excellent computer skills
Education and Training
- A Diploma in Early Childhood Development.
- 2-3 years professional experience as a qualified teacher .
- First Aid knowledge.