Senior Android Developer – Westlands, Nairobi
This client based in the heart of the Nairobi Tech Community has had massive growth year-on-year since their inception and are looking to continue their growth in 2017.
As part of their in-house development team, you will be working in startup mode with the latest technology to deploy a state-of-the-art service.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with server teams to define, design and ship new services.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on Bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency.
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of relevant experience
- Experience with agile software development methodology
- Proved software development experience
- Experience in Android Development
- Experience with scaling systems and cloud technology to support services in the mobile environment.
You will also have:
- A self starter ability to gather requirements and provide solutions.
- Experience with Android SDK
- Published at least one original Android app
- Experience working with remote data via Network Connection to servers over TCP.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- The ability to provide high level verbal and written communications such as design documents, presentation, decision documents, or research papers
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 150,000 - 200,000/= (Approx. 1,500 – 2,000 USD) plus potential future share options.
Deadline: 4th January 2017
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
KarenWe endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.