Vacancy: Sales & Marketing Manager
Summary / Objective: The sales and marketing manager will be responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans, sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for organization products and services.
- Develop and manage sales and marketing operating budgets.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities and work towards gaining competitive advantage over the competitors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Direct market channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
Job Requirements and Experience
- University degree in marketing or a related field
- 1 year experience in sales and marketing within an organization
- Experience using graphic design software
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a changing environment
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili