Vacancy: Project Manager
Our client is a provider of superior services in the cleaning, gardening and related services in the cleaning industry in the country.
Since their inception, they have managed to establish a foot print in the market and consequently boast of a fairly varied client base. They are customer oriented and their costs are fairly reasonable.
Job Purpose / Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project and ensuring safety
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that quality, safety, health and environment issues are properly managed and addressed according to the clients and Cityscape Trends ltd policies and procedures
- Establish and co-ordinate the formal and informal communication structure and procedures for the construction process.
- Establish effective project governance, including establishing procedures in accordance with quality guidelines, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project delivery stage
- Project planning, including monitoring and review
- Advising on project resourcing requirements and the procurement of resources
- Co-ordinating, controlling and directing the activities of all staff and project team members to ensure the project success criteria are met
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques
- Respond promptly and efficiently to the clients’ needs, changes and requests within the context of the project
- Managing the change control process, including the implementation of change control procedures
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the project team complies with these agreed systems and procedures
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports in order to provide timely and accurate project information.
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other team members
- Coordinate and monitor the project completion process, including the issue of all relevant completion certificates, manuals, completion of defects and formal hand-over to the client
- Carry out safety and health inspections for identification of hazards, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions and suggest actions for improvement;
- Carry out safety and health audits;
- Undertake incident investigations and compile reports;
- Maintain data base of all safety incidents reported;
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual safety and health reports
- Coordinate and monitor the preparation and agreement of the final account and review and adjudicate any contractual claims
- Any other duty assigned from time to time by the Managing Director
- Degree in project management or related field
- Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or a higher safety and health qualification will be an added advantage
- Min 4 years’ experience in delivering successful projects in the manufacturing sector
- An additional qualification in ISO 22000, HACCP or any recognized food safety management system will be an added advantage.
- Experience in implementing and monitoring of a food safety management systems in a large and busy organization will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in workplace safety and health audits will be an added advantage
- Proven ability to analyse complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel to site will be required
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Salary Budget-Kshs. 35,000 Gross
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of
business 19th December 2016.