Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Job Title: Project Manager - Maker for MNCH
Reports to: Principal Investigator - Maker for MNCH, University of Nairobi, FABLAB
Contract Details: Fixed Term Contract up to 31st October 2018
Job Summary: The incumbent will report to Maker for MNCH Principal Investigator (PI) - University of Nairobi, FABLAB/Maker Space.
S/he will be responsible for providing necessary support to the Maker for MNCH project teams in the Maker Hub as well as other assigned activities by liaising with the Project Officer as well as supporting with programme record keeping, documentation and reporting support.
This may include liaison with partners as required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the PI in providing project leadership to the Maker teams in the Maker Hub.
- Coordinate specific activities as assigned by the PI within the LABS that are related to the Maker for MNCH project.
- Coordinate and maintain records of students involved in the Maker Project.
- Coordinate student activities at the LAB pertaining to the Maker Project.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation.
- Prepare and monitor work plans
- Help to define and document the engineering design objectives for each project arising through the selection process.
- Assist in maintaining the internet portal for project management.
- Compose routine correspondence, develops reports, graphs, charts, and spread sheets as assigned by the PI.
- Maintain calendar for the MNCH PI and arranges meetings for project as needed.
- Provide on-going M&E support to the Maker Hub.
- Prepare routine reports for Maker for MNCH project, UoN internal reporting and UON to Concern Worldwide.
- Act as liaison with the other partners in the Maker Hub in the absence of the PI.
- Other duties as assigned by MNCH Principal Investigator
- A degree in health, engineering or social studies with at least one year of experience in Project management
- Self-starter, confident and assertive project manager,
- Must demonstrate ability to handle bureaucracy, procurement, plan and manage events, and students.
- Must be able to write reports, scientific writing an added advantage.
- Research, monitoring and evaluation experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with keen attention to details.
- Commitment to working with a value-based organization.
- Adaptable, innovative and ability to work under pressure. Disclaimer Clause:
Concern Worldwide is recruiting the Position holder on behalf of the partner- University of Nairobi, FabLab/Maker Space.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV, only, to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Project Manager - Maker for MNCH’.
The deadline for applications is Thursday, 15th December 2016.
Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise.
Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview