Position: Operations Supervisor
Sheer Logic is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for the Operations Supervisor position to be based in Nairobi.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate with Clearing & Forwarding and Warehouse staff and ensure activities remain coordinated and running smoothly.
- Check and verify transport records, handle queries or concerns of transportation activities.
- Ensure continuous improvement including strategic reviews for the warehouse related functions, utilizing quality process and participation in high performance and self directed work teams.
- Act as logistics facilitator to ensure that all elements of the domestic and international distribution process are coordinated to meet customer requirements in a timely and high quality.
- Develop visible procedure and key performance indicators to monitor quality and regular measurements to determine effectiveness of procedures implemented.
- Meet or exceed established goals relative to on-time delivery .
- Improve operational efficiencies to increase ability to process customer orders using both systems and physical improvements.
- Keep stock control systems up to date and planning future capacity requirements.
- Ensure proper compliance and adherence to Export /Import Administration Regulations.
- Oversee short duration projects relating to transportation, logistics, export regulations, and related functions.
- Oversees warehousing activities to ensure processes and procedures are understood and followed; oversees warehouse compliance for inventory management, cycle counting, product handling, and other services as required.
- Ensure implementation of warehousing strategies; develop specific warehousing requirements based on strategic plans and customer expectations; designs the appropriate warehousing solution that incorporates logistics best practices.
- Provides direction for systems improvements and changes to operational requirements
- Preferably a graduate or diploma holder in Operations Management, Logistics & Supplies Management or any other relevant field.
- Clearing and forwarding/ Transport and logistics background is a MUST.
- Aggressive, focused, self-oriented person and responsible.
- Advanced level of Computer knowledge [Excel, PowerPoint, word and emails].
How to ApplySend your CV to email@example.com by 10th December 2016