Daystar University is a chartered interdenominational and evangelical Christian University.
Its mission is the development of Christian Servant Leaders for the expansion of God’s kingdom in Africa and the world.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
The purpose for this job is provision of support and assistance to the University Chaplain on spiritual nurture, religious coordination, counselling, mentorship and pastoral care needs of staff, faculty and students to achieve the University’s vision
· In liaison with the University Chaplain, this position ensures planning, coordination of bible study, prayer meetings, and mentorship and chapel activities.
· Carrying out spiritual discipline practices in line with the university’s objectives
· Conducting spiritual counseling to students and staff
· Providing and maintaining of reports and administrative data for religious operations of the University
· Supporting the University Chaplain in planning spiritual activities and deployments including outreach, missions, pastoral care and visitations
· Supporting the university chaplain in discipleship and spiritual nurture programs for the University
· Implementing the semester calendar of activities on spiritual matters
· Planning and ensuring availability and usability of venue for spiritual meetings and initiatives
· Implementing best practices in chaplaincy and spiritual nurture
· Ensuring execution of jobs in line with the departmental processes and procedures achieve the institutions objectives
· Identifying and nurturing spiritual talent.
· Leading in Christian behavior and appropriate behavior both internal and external in line with the institutions Strategy.
· Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
· Christian commitment and practice
· Masters’ degree in Theology or its equivalent from a recognized University
· Demonstrable pastoral training
· An ordained Pastor in a recognized Christian Bible believing church
· Must have served for five years as a Pastor or equivalent
· Demonstrated leadership skills
Qualified female Ministers are encouraged to apply
The purpose for this job is developing and implementing the security strategy including loss prevention and access control policies and procedures while coordinating the activities of the security staff in the safeguarding of University property to achieve University objectives
· Developing and implementing the security strategy in line with overall objectives
· Managing access control and keeping out unauthorized persons and maintaining a log of visitors including vehicles
· Maintaining a data bank of security incidences, reviewing, evaluating and recommending actions on reported incidences including undertaking investigations and corrective measures.
· Coordinating and monitoring security audits and submitting to management
· Developing solutions in line with recommendations including formulating new procedures and approaches to security.
· Developing, reviewing and participating in security training for University staff and students.
· Supervising and/or conducting security awareness programs for the University community and overseeing continuous skills upgrade for all security staff.
· Supervising outsourced security service providers in line with SLAs
· Carrying out intelligence gathering and disseminating security updates and alerts
· Coordinating evacuation procedures during emergencies in liaison with University management and other security and safety organs
· Liaising with other law enforcement agencies to enhance security measures
· Implementing best practices in security procedures and compliance with University policies and procedures and applicable government and county laws.
· Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
· Ensuring appropriate Christian behavior both internal and external in line with the institution’s Strategy.
· Christian commitment and practice
· Bachelor’s degree in Security/ Criminology or equivalent
· Paramilitary Training
· Diploma in security related area
· At least 7 years’ relevant experience
· Demonstrated customer relations skills
How to Apply
Those interested in this challenging and rewarding positions should submit their applications and detailed curriculum vitae with names and contacts of 3 referees to the address below on or before: 7th December, 2016
All applications should be sent by E-mail to: email@example.com.
Hard copies will not be considered.Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.