Duma works is recruiting a Human Resource Managerfor one of our clients.
Background: The hiring firm is a data driven social venture that aims to set high quality and affordable standards for maternity care in East Africa.
This is done by combining business and clinical innovations to offer affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
Under minimal supervision the HR Manager will be responsible for coordinating and performing a variety of technical, administrative and supervisory duties related to personnel operations, employment, employee relations, employee benefits and educational service functions.
Specifically, the HR Manager’s key areas of responsibility will include:
- Take a proactive role in understanding the organization’s HR needs, working diligently with department heads to recruit and induct new employees.
- Foster employee retention through the creation of a positive and engaging work environment, building relations with and between staff, promoting dialogue, addressing needs, and spearheading disciplinary action when needed.
- Initiate communication to all staff regarding personnel policies, hospital regulations, and benefits programs.
- Administer our performance evaluation program.
- Process payroll, incorporating statutory payments and staff benefits, and maintain all employee files.
- Develop and implement HR policies, ensuring compliance with Kenyan labour law.
- Understand the unique operating environment of a hospital and provide counsel to the Executive Team on developing policies and procedures regarding employment issues within that context, including accreditation and licensing regulations.
- Submit regular reports to the Executive Team, tracking progress, analyzing trends and providing key insights into HR.
- Work with the Executive Team to develop and implement the organization’s HR strategy, including administrative direction for the development and delivery of education and training programs, employee recruitment, and budgetary considerations.
- Keep on the lookout for new and interesting ways of improving HR; this might include exploring different avenues for talent acquisition, piloting new tools to collect employee satisfaction data, recommending new systems for operational efficiency, or proposing creative team building events.
- Be the face of HR at the company, representing the department at staff meetings and in any internal functions, as well as to external parties, whether partners, government officials, or visitors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to resolve conflict.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of legal and operational aspects of personnel administration and labour relations
- Good at problem solving; able to find creative and pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to be responsive and to prioritize tasks in line with the changing needs of the organization.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel, as well as with HR Software.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Passionate about fulfilling the organization’s mission.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Healthcare Business or Personnel Administration or related field, required; Masters’ Degree preferred
- 5+ years HR management experience
- Previous health care management experience, preferred
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2540”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2540 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th December 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.