A Christian based school located in Nairobi is seeking to recruit a Head Teacher.
The incumbent must be a Christian.
Job Title: Head Teacher - Primary School
Reports To: Administrator
Job Purpose: Ensure adherence to set school teaching and curriculum completions well as observe highest level of operating standards and ensure the school benchmarks against the best in region schools.
- Ensure compliance to and implementation of recommendations from the Ministry of Education;
- Ensure syllabus for all lower classes is covered to the MoE standard;
- Manages and ensures the pre-school teachers meet their set performance target;
- Conducts objective quarterly performance appraisals for all direct reports and guided by the school’s performance policy;
- Attends to parents and school guests and attends to all the queries or concerns they might have to the extent of his/her role.
- Tasked with ensuring proper discipline is enforced in pre-school and ensuring it is being carried our as per school policy
- Manage and ensure proper delivery of duties by the support staff
- Be conversant with current early childhood theory and practices and have the ability to communicate this knowledge, deliver high quality early childhood education & model appropriate and teaching strategies and articulate their teaching philosophy and the theories on which it is based.
- Demonstrate a high level of quality interaction with children and the programmes demonstrate a genuine understanding of children as competent and confident learners.
- Work and communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and caregivers and their children. Demonstrate a range of appropriate communication skills to develop a professional working relationship with teachers, parents and caregivers and children.
- Steps in for the administrator in case of absence
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical mental and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music and storytelling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good command of English
- Highly organized, punctual and responsible
- Excellent computer skills
- Leadership skills
Education and Training
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development, KHA training will be an added advantage.
- 3 years professional experience as a qualified teacher.
- First Aid knowledge
- Computer literacy