Duma Works is recruiting an Executive Administrator in Arusha, Tanzania for Savannah Fund.
Savannah Fund is a venture capital fund focused on early stage technology companies in Africa with over 25 investments in 6+ countries.
Savannah Fund recently establishing an Arusha, Tanzania office to open in early 2017 and is looking for a motivated, disciplined and IT savvy professional to help in setting up and managing the office of up to 6 people including temporary/visiting clients and investees from across the region.
The role will involve valuable on the job learning and mentoring from one of the most active early tech investors in Africa.
The successful candidate will also assist in helping startups, investors and other institutions Savannah Fund has invested in or is closely working with as partners navigate the Tanzanian market and utilize the Arusha Office as a base.
The successful candidate will report directly as a special local assistant to the Managing Partner of Savannah Fund who has recently relocated to Arusha from Nairobi but still maintains strong ties to Nairobi Office in addition to working across 6 Africa.
Key Skills / Competencies:
· Strong IT skills and use of online/cloud and mobile tools (ability to work virtually).
· Responsive and attention to detail.
· Flexible and strong entrepreneurial character and desire to support SMEs in Africa.
· Ability to work under high uncertainty and follow up to seek out data and information.
· At least 2+ years work experience, and some working outside of Tanzania (regional/global mindset) highly preferred.
· Some regional travel as needed on key projects, administrative work in Nairobi, Kampala or Dar es Salaam.
· Tanzania nationals preferred, or candidates with previous experience working in Tanzania.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2584”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2584 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 6th January 2017
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately.
Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.