Our Client, ICEA LION General Insurance Company Limited is one of East Africa's largest and most innovative insurers and financial services companies.
Their decades of experience and eye on the future helping clients navigate today's complex financial landscape underscores their business success.
They are seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
- Performing claims investigations and evaluation of elements of the event, extent of damage.
- Ensuring that claims handling guidelines are followed and that claims are processed and settled accordingly.
- Negotiating settlement of claims and making appropriate recommendations to top management.
- Guiding staff in the department towards high levels of service delivery so as to retain existing and attract new clients.
- Coordinating prompt preparation of statutory and industry returns to the relevant institutions.
- Seeking legal advice from the Company lawyers on contentious claims matters.
- Estimating and reserving adequately for claims while seeking professional advice on claims reserves.
- Processing disposal of motor vehicle salvages and maintaining up to date records before and after disposal.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution (preferably Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Law).
- Professional qualification(s) in insurance e.g. ACII/AIIK or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Head of Claims, with basic legal knowledge.
- Ability to analyze claims with an investigative mind and detail-oriented.
- Familiarity with dispute resolution, mediation and arbitration procedures.
- Excellent team leadership skills, communication, organization and presentation skills.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th December 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.